Investing Tesla

Are you investing Tesla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont' think people need to see the result to know if they are investing tesla or not. 😁
When I create a poll I would like to have voters not readers.
To know the result you "pay" with your vote.
As you wish.

But I for one won't vote in polls that aren't fully transparent.

Which counts me out of most suppossedly democratic elections too!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Very impressive production numbers" ... let me get MY calculator out.
Tesla produced 180,000 vehicles in Q4, Volkswagen produced roughly 3 Million. Tesla produce 6% of the number of cars Volkswagen produced.
Volkswagens market cap is $98 Billion, Teslas market cap is $668 Billion.
Tesla is valued at roughly 7 times larger than Volkswagen and produces 6 hundredths of the number of cars.
"The RSI is 70 so its almost overbought" :LOL:, that had me rolling on the floor. Tesla is extremely OVERVALUED by ANY measure, it is a MEME stock and people plow money into highly risky derivatives which have a gamma effect on the share price forcing it up. Tesla is a house of cards which will fall. It's just a question of when. But hey its your money!

1609742103647.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how to build a balanced portfolio but there are no balanced portfolios that return 50% annualized since inception like Tesla. Of course you have to be prepared to a DD of 60% like on February.
My investment comes after hundreds of hours of study.

Last edited:
I know how to build a balanced portfolio but there are no balanced portfolios that return 50% annualized since inception like Tesla. Of course you have to be prepared to a DD of 60% like on February.
My investment comes after hundreds of hours of study.
Hey, if you have money in the bank you're a winner.
If you can keep it year after year your a winning trader.
All wins are good wins. 👍

@D&D Finance Heres a question for you
If Tesla make a gross 21% profit on each car and sell 500,000 cars per year on average. (5m by 2030), and Toyota make a gross profit of 17% on each car and sell consistently 10,600,000 cars per year. How can Teslas market cap and by extension share price, be justified?

And heres a follow up question.
Given Morgan Stanleys share price target was $810 for YEAR END and its $845 NOW will you be selling because they are clearly over valued on your own figures.

I remember some targets at $35 from investment banks, clearly they were wrong...
TBH I am not a stock investor, I ma a scientist and I prefer to focus on technology more than P/E or balance sheets.
I am a chemist and my job is R&D , production is easy to evaluate, research and innovation are more difficult.
Here we have to evaluate innovation and growth.
Are Toyota and Volkswagen producing many more cars than 5 years ago?
Are they building new factories?

I remember some targets at $35 from investment banks, clearly they were wrong...
TBH I am not a stock investor, I ma a scientist and I prefer to focus on technology more than P/E or balance sheets.
I am a chemist and my job is R&D , production is easy to evaluate, research and innovation are more difficult.
Here we have to evaluate innovation and growth.
Are Toyota and Volkswagen producing many more cars than 5 years ago?
Are they building new factories?
They are developing new technologies, but the biggest thing they have going for them is they actually make money!
Teslas share price is going up because they issue shares for cash then use that cash to buy their own shares its a massive Ponzi scheme. People make large sums of money in Ponzi schemes right up until they dont!

They are developing new technologies, but the biggest thing they have going for them is they actually make money!
Teslas share price is going up because they issue shares for cash then use that cash to buy their own shares its a massive Ponzi scheme. People make large sums of money in Ponzi schemes right up until they dont!
if you mean share buy back most companies are doing that but it has nt pushed up their sp like tesla,one reason maybe everyone just jumping on the bandwagon!

if you mean share buy back most companies are doing that but it has nt pushed up their sp like tesla,one reason maybe everyone just jumping on the bandwagon!
Share buybacks are designed to push up the share price. And they DO.

Originally when a company was short of cash to purchase new durable goods from the operations budget they would issue shares to invest in plant etc ... Then when the profits from that investment came in they would buy back the shares Adding REAL value to a company.
We now have CEO's boasting they are calling out the FED by borrowing as much money as possible at 0% and buying their own shares to boost the share price and therefore C level bonuses, because thats all they are measured on nowadays.
The system is being exploited to the extreme.

The six biggest U.S. banks will be able to buy back as much as $11 billion of their own shares in the first quarter of next year (2021) after the Federal Reserve gave lenders the green light to resume purchases.

Bank stocks climbed after the central bank’s show of confidence, even as U.S. equity futures pointed to sharp losses for the broader market. JPMorgan Chase & Co. jumped 4.6%, Citigroup Inc. added 3.7% and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. advanced 3.2% in early New York trading.

Did the banks become more profitable? No
Did they offer better products to customers? No
Did they cut costs? No

Did the shareprice go up? Yes
Will the CEO's make larger bonuses this year? Yes.

"EVs Are Going Full Speed Ahead"

Although the year just started, EV stocks are on fire. Some prominent EV players such as Nio Inc NIO 0.47%, Tesla Inc TSLA 0.51%, and Niu Technologies NIU 6.09% have already gained more than 20% year-to-date.

Ideanomics Inc (NASDAQ: IDEX) is ramping up its EV investments. Last week, the company reached a deal to acquire Wireless Advanced Vehicle Electrification, a provider of wireless charging solutions for medium- and heavy-duty electric vehicles. By the close of Friday's trading, Ideanomics' share price was up 5.9% after rising as much as 30.5% earlier in the day, with shares already up more than 56% so far in 2021. Additionally, the company just revealed it has completed its previously announced acquisition of privately held title and settlement firm, Timios Holdings Corporation, showing it is simultaneously investing in its fintech business unit.

https://www.benzinga.com/news/21/01/19144988/evs-are-going-full-speed-ahead

Now everyone is boarding the EV ship but Tesla is 10 years ahead.
A 2012 Model S is still better than competitors.

"EVs Are Going Full Speed Ahead"

Although the year just started, EV stocks are on fire. Some prominent EV players such as Nio Inc NIO 0.47%, Tesla Inc TSLA 0.51%, and Niu Technologies NIU 6.09% have already gained more than 20% year-to-date.

Ideanomics Inc (NASDAQ: IDEX) is ramping up its EV investments. Last week, the company reached a deal to acquire Wireless Advanced Vehicle Electrification, a provider of wireless charging solutions for medium- and heavy-duty electric vehicles. By the close of Friday's trading, Ideanomics' share price was up 5.9% after rising as much as 30.5% earlier in the day, with shares already up more than 56% so far in 2021. Additionally, the company just revealed it has completed its previously announced acquisition of privately held title and settlement firm, Timios Holdings Corporation, showing it is simultaneously investing in its fintech business unit.

https://www.benzinga.com/news/21/01/19144988/evs-are-going-full-speed-ahead
What your dealing with is a whole load of idiots who have no idea what they are doing and are following tweets and tik-tok videos telling them where to gamble their money.
Look at the idiots hanging on Elon Musks every tweet.

"A misinterpreted Elon Musk tweet sent an obscure stock soaring"​

No one knows what Teslas share price is 'worth' and investment banks guesses range from "Goldman Sachs has a price target of $780, while JPMorgan Chase’s is $90."

Good luck if you've made money from Tesla so far, but you are playing with fire. It will not be worth more than $800 by the end of the year!
If it is I wont post here anymore!

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration asked Tesla to recall 158,000 Model S and Model X vehicles over media control unit failures that could pose safety risks by leading to touchscreen displays not working https://reut.rs/3bCZnsx

158,000 Teslas recalled I didnt know there were that many on the road! Is that 3 years worth of inventory being recalled? If they recall it and then have to work on it how will that affect future production they cant do both at the same time.
Oh heck why am I wasting my time talking fundamentals to children who believe in the God 'Papa Musk'.