Invalid email address that is valid

robster970

Veteren member
I keep getting this at the top of my screen:

Notices
robster970, it appears that your email address is no longer valid. Please update it in the User Control Panel here. This reminder will remain in place until we check your new email address is valid - this is done on a nightly basis.

The email address is valid though so I have no idea why this keeps popping up. Anybody else getting this problem?

Yeah we have a check in place, to notify members who's email address is no longer valid. Usually it means the mailbox bounced, either because it was full or is no longer available. Your address is marked as bounced, but I can see actually that emails are getting sent through, so something's up with that. We're going to investigate it a bit more before we remove the notice, just to see if we can figure out what went wrong. Thanks for reporting!

I am getting the same problem, but e-mails informing of replies to threads to which I have subscribed are still getting through.

I've turned off the reminder notification for now until we're sure only those emails that are flagged as bounced are being notified.