Interviews... Hull, maths, SII certs, prop shops and IB's!

spriggsy

Hi Guys,

I have learnt a lot from my previous questions and so had one more question...

I have got a MSc in Banking and Finance and am currently studying for the SII unit 4 (SFD) and 6 (regs) with a view to moving to London and moving into trading... I am putting the finishing touches to my CV and covering letter so i am ready to start calling the prop shops, agencies and banks int he next week or so...

My question being, i have obviously covered parts of the Hull textbook at University but my maths is a little rusty at the moment as I has a yrs non finance related experience. My knowledge of financial products/ markets and how they work is still as good as it was at uni but i wanted to know how much technical questioning and mathematical work will be part of an interview for a trainee trader position at a place such a Mako, Marex, refco etc... places of that ilk or would i be fine with the conceptual knowlegde?????

Also, with a Merit at Masters, a 2:1 (both from Leeds University) and the SII certificates, what do you think my chances are of getting a place at an investment bank on a trading desk...??? Assistant at first if needs be??

Many Thanks

Steve
:D

You know of the wilmott.com ?

Check out the forums there, where you'll find all the answers