T2W Bot

Staff member
1,454 55
In one of those "it was all I could do not to actually pinch myself" moments, I had the great pleasure of interviewing former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan last week in front of a "small" audience of 3,000. The event was IMPACT, Schwab Institutional’s annual conference, and Greenspan was the opening keynote speaker. He prefers a Q&A format over a speech, and I jumped at the chance to have a "conversation" with him last Monday morning. Some of the most interesting aspects to the conversation were not on stage, but behind the "curtain" in the green room.
Green room redirect In the green room, after initial pleasantries with Greenspan and our own Chuck Schwab, the first question asked was by Greenspan to me: "Please don’t tell me you’re going to ask a bunch of softball questions! Can we talk about the hard stuff?" That was music to my ears, but I did let him know that there were a list of questions his staff had provided that gave guidelines about what could be addressed. After...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Legion

160 4
Well, what a missed opportunity, even Alan was "Gagging" for it . A decent "Conversation" about "Hard Stuff" and What really was on his "Mind."

I expected follow through from Liz based on the very big nudge from Alan as suggested above.

I found this line funny .

"Whether my briefcase was fat or thin depended on whether or not my wife made me lunch that day."

And on that basis I score the article 10.