Interactive Brokers


I`m trying to open a joint account with IB for my wife and myself.

It states that the proof of identity must be passport or drivers license and must include a photo.

Fine for me ,but the wife has no passport and an old style license with no photo.

Does anyone know if that will do or have a number I can ring other than the Swiss one so i can ask them?



Veteren member
Joint account ?

Just wondering if that is the wisest thing for you to do ?

It brings Joint liabilities.

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
Hi Christoff

Welcome to T2W :)
IB should accept the old style driving licence. It's only to prove you are who you say you are - A photo doesn't show anything......although IB probably had a good laugh at mine :cheesy:

I think Barjon is right, it would be riskier have it in both names, but you obviously have good reasons :cool:



IB have a London number which has been posted on this site.

Garry Dibley is the contact and he is very helpful.

I had aproblem with proof of identity but Garry sorted it out.

Give him a ring.

If you can't find the number, send me a message and I'll look it up for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks