Badly worn passport

candles

Established member
My passport is worn to bits and im supposed to be going to Malia for a week next Tuesday!

I want to know what you think my chances are of being turned away. The purple covers are woen so that no gold can no longer be seen, but the most worrying part about it is that the other side of the page which shows the picture is so worn that the sealed part around the photo is coming undone and you can nearly put your finger in there (or someone elses photograph?)!

I know I can go to London and spend all day to get a new one and part with £100 or so, but the holiday is very cheap and I cant take the time off work, so I wont be doing that.

I've had some mixed advice. Most people say that I shold be fine because its not as though im going a million miles away, and they also say that they shold be able to verify i am who i say i am through their system checks.

However, I have heard some horror stories about people being turned away for having passport that is better than the state of mine!

Any views? Anyone know much about this sort of stuff?

I wouldn't worry about the Gold wearing off; My passport has none on it whatsoever (while I would like to say it's because of all the international business I go on, it's actually because I used to have to carry it around in my back pocket whenever I went for a beer; looking like a 14 year old boy has it's consequences. One of which is being unusually popular on internet forums, never quite figured that out).

I think you'll be OK - the obvious risks are at that end; taking a bunch of alternative ID might be a good idea, and get the telephone numbers of the British embassy etc...

Have a good trip!

Mr Gecko,

You'd be even more popular if you looked like a fourteen year old girl.

Grant.

"You must spread some repuation around", etc

REPUTATION for post above.

Rathcoole has many friends who don't even need to do hat.

Grant.

passports = international travel =

hmmm, Grant, have you ever had an international flight when you weren't handcuffed betweeen two burly Special Branch officers ?

Reactions: BSD
RC,

I haven't but I know some people who would pay good money for it. Received a letter today saying I could have my car back - only took four weeks. Hope they didn't find the 2k and gun (it belongs to a friend in Thailand, my Lord).

Grant.

Reactions: BSD
lol...Cheers Mr Gecko. Funnily enough, that is the exact reason my passport is so badly worn. Years of carrying it around in my pocket as ID. The whole facial hair thing skipped a generation with me! :(

I showed it to a girl I know last night who works in the airport and she added to the list of people who say i should be fine.

I'll try to remember to update the thread with my success or failure.

Come on, Marcus we're missing your German wit and reparte.

Rathcoole's still here, striking postures like some old queen from Men's Vogue.

Grant.

Hey Grant, not my weather this, given the choice between a humid + 30°C or a dry 0°C I'll choose the latter any day.

;-)

25218223.153_5398_RJ_uu.jpg

25757972.159_5932_RJ_forestRoad.jpg

38563333.CRW_6025_RJMasterMoon.jpg

37882634.CRW_5951_RJMasterSnowfall.jpg

Not my pics btw, credit goes here:

Scandinavian winter Photo Gallery by alexeig at pbase.com.

Ahem.

Googling around for Scandinavian winters I came up with this:

Scandinavian Party in London

Hows that for a freebie party idea then :cheesy:

thumb_image0010.JPG

thumb_PICT0287.JPG

thumb_picture%20015.jpg

That's the reason to go.

The excuse would simply be this:

2008-06-10_Greece_vs_Sweden.jpg

Skol !
:D