Best Thread Interactive Brokers

Please help
My account IB I do not see in portfolio P & L i try setting in global cong but no see P & L.
Thanks

Is there any way of getting volume into IB's INDU charts? Most data providers provide volume with their $INDU data but not IB. Is there an easy way of getting the DJIA volume into IB charts?

No Touch

Sorry,

1. We do not support volume for the INDU chart.
2. We apologise for not getting back to you sooner, unfortunately, we have been experiencing problems in replying or getting notified of posts to our threads since the recent launch of this site. We believe the problem has been corrected.

We only support the major forex spreads not the exotics.

Our Universal Account should offset the issue you may have to deposit multiple currencies to trade multiple products. For example, the IB Universal Account allows you to trade multiple products around the world from a single account. You can trade stocks, options, futures, Forex, and bonds all from the same Trader Workstation screen, and your transaction history and positions are all reported on a single statement.

Trading around the world can be simple, because you are not required to open accounts in multiple currencies. Deposit a single currency in an account and when you want to trade a product denominated in another currency, a loan is created which is secured by your deposited currency. If you wish to eliminate the loan, you may do so at any time by trading currencies through our IB IDEAL network or depositing money in another currency. You will find that our currency exchange rates are much better than retail banks or exchange rates offered by the credit card companies.

For each account a single base currency designation must be made that determines an account's statement and margin requirement translation currency. However, deposits and withdrawals may be made in any non-base currency in AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, or USD.

How much better IB? Is it slightly less than the spot rate? There are brokers that charge something like 250 pips (for GBP/USD) and that is still much better than the retail banks or the credit card companies!

If you wish to eliminate the loan, you may do so at any time by trading currencies through our IB IDEAL network or depositing money in another currency. You will find that our currency exchange rates are much better than retail banks or exchange rates offered by the credit card companies.

It is 13 pips on IDEAL (small trades) and 1.5 pips on IDEALPRO ($25,000 and more) right now.

Thanks idetkov. That's an excellent rate! Almost as good as the spot rate. For large amounts of money it will make a difference. What do you mean by "small trades" on IDEAL? Is there a limit?

For your reference, Interactive Brokers now supports over 50 AIM shares denominated in GBP, and the value of the transaction =< GBP 50,000, on the London Stock Exchange. We ask GBP 6.00 per transaction, all in, except for purchases where stamp duty applies. For transactions above > GBP 50,000, we ask 5 basis points for the value of the transaction, plus GBP 6.00

We ask you to please compare our low fees and award winning technology to trade on the LSE among other UK brokers. We believe you will see we offer our clients the lowest standard fees with award winning technology.

If you require additional information please review our website www.interactivebrokers.co.uk or call our local UK office 0207 776 7800.

Last edited:
If I leave my Interactive Brokers account inactive for a while (say a couple of months while I take a holiday), what is the best thing to do with my money so that I earn interest on the first $10,000? USD accounts can use EFPs but if your base currency is GBP then this would leave you exposed to currency fluctuation risk. What's an alternative for GBP accounts?

Charts and executions

hey everyone!

I am trading with interactive brokers, but I got a couple of issues I need to clarify:

1) is there a possibility of having a chart, showing the performance of my portfolio?

2) is there a way in which i can see when and at what price I bought / sold a share?

Thanks in advance!

A question for Interactive Brokers (or anyone else who knows):

I trade ER/DAX and a few other markets on occasion. What is the day-trading intra-day IM (initial margin) for those two products?

The broker I am with gives me 500US$ for ER and 1000 Euro for the DAX.

Still, I would be interested in Interactive's global reach.

Thanks.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/marginRequirements/margin_amer.php?ib_entity=llc

They won't be as cheap. IB is not in the low margin business. They use standard margin risk calculations.

Thanks, I'd seen that page, but was hoping there was a more favourable deal for active traders.

I'm glad you replied. Cheers....Are you watching the rugby? I'm going to have to download the game on torrent, so will watch it tomorrow. Hope it's a pasting-French have 11 new caps in starting line-up!:rolleyes: