Best Thread Interactive Brokers

My question is directed to Interactive Brokers:

Is there any advantage to closing non-base currency positions once a trade is closed?

perhaps the wrong day to ask this.. but

is it possible to place an order to be triggered only after x minutes after the Open. If I want to place an order before going to work, I risk buying and being stopped out in the wild swings in the first minute or so. Hence my question.. can I place a market order to be activated after, say, 5 minutes from the Open.

many thanks..

Interactive Brokers wishes everyone Happy Holidays!
Further we wish all of you much success in 2007 with your trading!!!
:!:

Last edited:
Is anyone else having problems withdrwing money from IB? I entered a withdrawal on 30 Nov and the money has still not arrived on my bank account. I have contacted their customer services 8 times now and they have been very unhelpful - most times they say it's normal to have these delays (well it was fine the last time I withdrew - took 3days). They said they would launch an investigation about 3 weeks ago but every time I phone I get 'sorry no news'...
Is Interactive Brokers in trouble?
If not why are they so determined not to either credit me my money or sort it out and recover the missing funds?

Dear Mark

We certaintly are not in trouble and we certainly want to get to the bottom of helping you with your wire transfer. Please call our London office 00442077767800 ext 1 and ask for the Managing Director and he will personally assist you. He awaits yours call.

mark_m said:
Is anyone else having problems withdrwing money from IB? I entered a withdrawal on 30 Nov and the money has still not arrived on my bank account. I have contacted their customer services 8 times now and they have been very unhelpful - most times they say it's normal to have these delays (well it was fine the last time I withdrew - took 3days). They said they would launch an investigation about 3 weeks ago but every time I phone I get 'sorry no news'...
If not why are they so determined not to either credit me my money or sort it out and recover the missing funds?

Mark (resend)

Dear Mark

We certaintly are not in trouble and we certainly want to get to the bottom of helping you with your wire transfer. Please call our London office 00442077767800 ext 1 and ask for the Managing Director and he will personally assist you; or you can leave a voice mail with your particular details on the aforementioned telephone number so he can call you back or send a private e-mail to IB (in this private forum). He awaits your call.

Last edited:
Happy New Year!

To all

We wish you a Happy New Year, good health and a lot of success with your trading in 2007! In addition, we thank all of you for supporting us in 2006 :!:

Last edited:
mark_m said:

(resend)

Dear Mark

We certaintly are not in trouble and we certainly want to get to the bottom of helping you with your wire transfer. Please call our London office 00442077767800 ext 1 and ask for the Managing Director and he will personally assist you; or you can leave a voice mail with your particular details on the aforementioned telephone number so he can call you back or send a private e-mail to IB (in this private forum). He awaits your call.

To Interactive Brokers

I trade STIR Calendar Spreads on LIFFE through X-Trade software. Recently I have checked IB commission fees and I am trying figure out how the fees are constructed for calendar spread and outright. Does calendar spread is treated as two outrights or just one from commission point of view?

Regards

Thanks,
I do not know what is your experience in calendar spread trading, but with that commission making money is impossible. On Euribor you would have to spend GBP 6.80 in order to make GBP 8.25 on one half tick. In calendar spread trading we fight for a half tick. If the unbundled fees for outrights would be the same for calendar spreads the trading would become real.
Cheers

Dear Highisland

We provide charting, chart trader and various other technical analysis benefits in our software. If you would like further assistance do not hesitate to contact our local office for a personal demo at 020 7 776 7800 or view our website for further details.

Further we suggest you compare our services, company, credibility, fees and benefits before you decide what broker to choose. For example,

- We are capitalised at $2.5+ billion;
- We offer account protection up to $30 million;
- We build our software in house, hence we deliver more FREE upgrades than our competitors that resell other company's software and charge thier clients directly (eg via a monthly fee) or indirectly (eg higher brokerage fees);
- We continously offer our clients FREE upgrades (eg over 20 in 2006);
- We support over 40 FREE order types;
- We offer interest on money on deposit (ie over GBP 6,000), unlike other brokers;
- We have been in business for over 30 years;
- We offer transparent fees on our website, ie you do not have to provide us your details or trading volumes before we quote you what you will pay, rather everything is transparent;
- We offer multi asset classes from our Trader Workstation eg you can trade, options, futures, shares, forex, bonds, ETF's and warrants in real-time, all from one account, from one sole currency and you can go short;
- We offer DIRECT ACCESS to over 60 exchanges from our Trader Workstation;
- We ask a maximum of EUR 2.00 per contract for Eurex Bund (all in) and we offer a sliding scale ie the more you trade the less you pay;

Again, please compare us to our competitors eg Berkeley Futures and etc. That is, if they offer a better service, transparency, credibility, technology, lower fees, account protection, and benefits we suggest you take it.

Last edited:
Hi,

A quick question for Interactive Brokers. What is the margin required if I want to short a strangle on ESX?

Thanks.

Hello,
I see Nymex have now started offering soft contracts such as coffee, sugar, cotton etc on Globex; will IB be providing access to these immediately? If not when? Also, does IB intend to offer Ecbot grain options anytime soon?

thanks!

Last edited:
Hi IB
I'm thinking about opening an a/c with IB here in the UK. Hitherto traded as a SB, so an IB a/c trading nasdaq shares would now have tax implications. Can I open an acount and trade through a limited company? Does this still have tax advantages? Can I trade US stocks through an ISA wrapper at IB?
Thanks!

Catt

Thank you for your questions

1. Limited liability company's can open an account with Interactive Brokers.
2. You will have to check with your tax advisor regarding tax issues as we are not regulated to provide you tax advice.
3. We do not support ISA wrappers.

jhaughey said:
Hello,
I see Nymex have now started offering soft contracts such as coffee, sugar, cotton etc on Globex; will IB be providing access to these immediately? If not when? Also, does IB intend to offer Ecbot grain options anytime soon?

thanks!

We try to offer all electronic products supported on the exchanges we offer connection to and that we have client demand. Currently it is under review to offer the above contracts. Please stay tuned for an update as to when these products may be online.