Best Thread Interactive Brokers

peto said:
Hi dcarrigan
The ER2 is worth $10 per decimal point (not 5) i.e. $100 per whole number. You certainly should be seeing one decimal point in your TWS screen. When the platform is up and running after the weekend close down check your settings, and that you are have the ER2Z06 (december contract) at CME GLOBEX. EurexUS i think also has the contract but last time I checked it was a lot less liquid.
thank you for your help. will try monday. thought er2 was for the mini?.

dcarrigan said:
thank you for your help. have worked it out now, had cells to small . trying to have two programs up at once.
No worries. I have tws minimised completely and trade off buttontrader. I refer to tws if I have any doubts as to my positions, but now make fewer entry mistakes than I did whilst trading from tws.

I'm hoping IB (or anyone) may reply to this. I've tried multiple messages to their help desk and can't get this resolved.

I have a forex trade from hell that won't go away. I traded a small amount of USD/JPY ( maybe it was the other way around). I closed the position, or at least I tried to. It left a small amount worth about $1 in my account. They explained that it is because the base currency quantity changed or something like that. So I needed to calculate a different quantity to close, stand on one foot, hold a green pen, and place another trade (which gives them another commission, how nice).

So I did that and now I have less than 1 yen floating around in my account which is worth about 2 grams of dust. I sent them another message and they said that would clear out automatically at the next statement cycle. Well that was BS. About 3 statement cycles have gone by and I still have that ridiculously small yen balance in my account. Now I'm not a complete financial idiot (I was a CPA for 15 years), but this is way too complicated. Can someone tell me how to exterminate the microscopic yen balance in my account?

I've learned one valuable lesson from all of this: Never trade any forex with IB that's not denominated in my base currency.

Why worry? I've got a few swiss francs and euro's kicking around in my account, and a negative quantity of Hong Kong dollars and Australian dollars. All from index trading, but haven't traded any of them for years. IB just adds 'em all up to give me a net liquidation value in GBP, which is all I need to trade.
It is only going to be interesting when I eventualy close my account. Perhaps IB would like to comment on how these small balances will be treated then?

No, can't get in. Not trading to-day, in any case. Just wanted to check account. Will count my money tomorrow :)

Split

Apologies if this has already been covered (I'm too lazy to trawl the thread :LOL: );

If I'm short on an equity, do I recieve interest on that sum, in the same way as I'm charged for the stock I buy?

Also, I believe you pay interest on cash above £6K - is this on the entire value, or just the proportion above £6K.

Thanks in advance,
UTB

Apologies for what may be a stupid question.

IB trading platform is application based, is that right?

Can I place orders out of market times to be executed on open, without the software running?
Additionally, will my stop orders be executed whilst I am at work, without software running?

I assume this is the case, but it never hurts to ask.

IB, i would like to know why the forex spreads are wider in the US session (GBP/USD @ 3/4 pips) compared with the Asian session (1/2 pips).

Seriously guys, i can understand spreads widening just before a major economic news event, but this is getting silly. Don't forget we are paying commission in exchange for the tightest spreads the interbank market has to offer. Clearly you can do better!.

USB, DBK, CITI, JPM. Only 4 banks. Is that all the liquidity you can offer?

I also think its deplorable that a market order takes longer to execute than a limit order when using the book trader.

ffs, sort it out!

Last edited:
To an IB person who can help.

I haven't traded with IB for some years, but have a small amount in the account , as I want to keep it open. So, every month, I get the standard email which allows me onto the site by pressing the button.

There are two buttons "Login", which gets me into my account statement, after passwords, etc. The other , the site button, I suppose, gets me an alert by Red Hat. I tried getting on to the site through Google and get Red Hat again.

It is general site information, I want, not account.

Next was an email to webmaster@IB, who asked for a screenshot., which I sent. Now I have a request for a short questionaire, four questions,- just press the button. Pressing the button gets me a "Service unavailable" box.

So, I hope that you can help me on this

Split

Splitlink said:
To an IB person who can help.

I haven't traded with IB for some years, but have a small amount in the account , as I want to keep it open. So, every month, I get the standard email which allows me onto the site by pressing the button.

There are two buttons "Login", which gets me into my account statement, after passwords, etc. The other , the site button, I suppose, gets me an alert by Red Hat. I tried getting on to the site through Google and get Red Hat again.

It is general site information, I want, not account.

Next was an email to webmaster@IB, who asked for a screenshot., which I sent. Now I have a request for a short questionaire, four questions,- just press the button. Pressing the button gets me a "Service unavailable" box.

So, I hope that you can help me on this

Split
this may help

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/contact/contact.php

This morning I received a call from Interactive Brokers and, although not rude, I was abrupt and said goodbye to him before I realised who it was from. The caller was named Lucas and I am very sorry, as he wanted to help me. I get so many calls from financial people and I am frightened stiff of becoming a member of the "Boiler Room" thread. If he reads this , I'm very sorry. I've managed to sort my problem out, now.

Split

Split

We take no offence for your earlier actions especially when a client like you provides us the courtesy in writing to us to explain his actions. THANK YOU for your comments as they are much appreciated and we are grateful to have a client like you.

We wish you much success trading!

I see there's a webinar coming up on the new FX Trader for the TWS. So when is it due for release?