Best Thread Interactive Brokers

samuelhogg said:
In my portfoilo I have a few holdings in penny stocks such as Platinum Mining(PMCI), Black Rock Oil(BLR) and Warthog(WHOG ;) ). I cannot see these listed on http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/exchanges.php?exch=lse&ib_entity=uk , does this mean I wouldn't be able to transfer them to IB and trade in them?

Dear SamuelHogg:

Can you provide me the ISIN and/or CUSIP numbers for the shares you want to trade? Further on what exchange they are traded on, so I can check and reply back to you.

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• blr.gif
    blr.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,106
  • pmci.gif
    pmci.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 844
  • whog.gif
    whog.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,831
Dear SamuelHogg:

We do not support trading services to Platinum Mining(PMCI), Black Rock Oil(BLR) and Warthog(WHOG ). Rather we only support FTSE shares.

CFDs

Why would anyone want IB to provide these when they already offer direct access non-OTC marginable long and short positions in a large range of stock and futures markets?

It seems to me that you've already got what you want (only better) ...

IB Futures Coverage

All,
The lead-in to this thread says that this thread is for questions directed at, and answered by, IB. That's good because I'm considering closing my IB acount...

Now, that's not because I think IB are bad - far from it. If I close my IB account it will be done reluctantly. However, I just don't like the apparently limited futures coverage they offer. My trading has been switching towards futures over time and i keep finding that markets I want to trade aren't covered by IB - Cotton, Soy Beans, Pork bellies, NYBOT US Dollar, Cocoa, Live Cattle Options. And the list goes on...

I'm preparing to start testing trading strategies that will take me predominantly away from stocks into commodities. So, is IB going to be widening it's futures offerings any time soon or do I need to start looking at other brokers?

Thx,
D

Fundjunkie:

Interactive Brokers offers direct access to over 50 exchanges worldwide from a single account, currency and trading platform, respectfully. For example for futures solely, we support E-CBOT, CFE, CME (Globex), Eurex US, NYMEX, Montreal Exchange, Euronext (Belgium, France, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom), Eurex, Borsa Italiana, MEFF, ICE, SNFE, OSE.JPN, TSE.JPN, SGX and KSE.

Interactive Brokers strategy is to expand its coverage to new markets, so we can add new value for our clients. Shortly as an Interactive Brokers client you will be receiving a Communique confirming our new markets that we believe will be of interest to you. Please stay tuned. Sorry we cannot provide you more particulars as we cannot give to much away to our competitors.

Two questions for IB

(1) If my systems fail where can I ring IB to take some corrective action on my positions?

(2) Day/month/year statements are there but havnt yet received an e mail about this. Are these statements safe to use or could there be some adjustments that may come? e.g 2005 statements are there but there is as yet no e mail from IB. Can I use these statements?

Dear Osho67:

Thank you for your questions. Answers are as follows:

1. We accept telephone orders for closing orders if you experience technology problems, solely, by calling our toll free helpdesk number 00800-42-276537. For other general inquires, our London office is 020 7 776 7800.

2. Statements accessed through your account management tool can be used. The aforementioned statements may be subject to change for misc. circumstances. For example, an exchange may inform us to adjust a position because of a technical/operational problem on their side and etc.

Last edited:
Ib

[IB

Re. 1

It might be more help if you stated what the number is!

Thanks

Kent

IB and chart overlays

Does Interactive Brokers charting allow for lower indicators overlayed on price chart? Currently, I am using Prophet for my charting, and Ameritrade for broker, but I am planning to trade e-minis. Few too platforms allow for overlays of stochastics, for ex,, onto price---including Prophet----but the system I am trading requires that.

thanx
Ron

Ronfalcone:

Interactive Brokers charting package supports:

1. You can chart two or more assets on the same chart for comparison;
2. You can trade directly from a real-time chart using ChartTrader;
3. You can reuse the layout of a favorite chart, including the time period, what to show and how to show parameters, by saving the chart as a template and then reapplying the template to other contracts;
4. You can elect to view the Time & Sales for any underlying;
5. You can add trendlines;
6. You can add various studies to your charts, e.g., simple moving average, weighted moving average, exponential moving average, Envelope Indicator, Bollinger Bands , Parabolic SAR Indicator, Relative Strength Indicator, MACD Indicator, ADX/DMI Indicator, Stochastic Oscillator Indicator, On Balance Volume Indicator, Rate of Change Indicator, Momentum Indicator, Average True Range Indicator, Williams Oscillator Indicator, Ultimate Oscillator Indicator,
7. You can you view bar or candlesticks;
8. And there is no extra fee to receive the above benefits.

re:Interactive Charts

forgive my persistence, but I didn't see a specific answer to my question in the previous post.

My original question was: can I OVERLAY stochastics on the price chart itself---as opposed to in a lower pane? Or any indicator for that matter?

And now while I've got you're attention, a second question: how far back does historic intraday data go for review and backtesting of e-minis---particularly the dow e-mini contract?

Regards,
Ron

Graphic of E-mini Chart (i.e., Max period 1 month and Schostastic at bottom soley)

IB

Attachments

• Answer to post Jan 25 2006.jpg
    Answer to post Jan 25 2006.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 3,344
ronfalcone said:
forgive my persistence, but I didn't see a specific answer to my question in the previous post.

My original question was: can I OVERLAY stochastics on the price chart itself---as opposed to in a lower pane? Or any indicator for that matter?

And now while I've got you're attention, a second question: how far back does historic intraday data go for review and backtesting of e-minis---particularly the dow e-mini contract?

Regards,
Ron

As shown the IB charts do support what you are looking for. If they don't, there are a number of other 3rd party programs, including quotetracker, esginal, and sierra charts, that work well with the IB API and data.

IB account cost to consider when comparing Brokers

This is a reply from another IB thread that was closed and referred here(see http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=13982) .

This reply is to the following by "idetkov"
{Which broker gives you 4% for the whole balance of $10,000 and do not charge a software fee? It is true that account of this size or close is relatively expensive on IB. It does not cancel the fact that IB provides excellent interest rates if you compare to others. Also, which broker pays you good interest on money received from short sales and not charges you for these sales? If you want to compare, let's compare with concrete numbers from the other side. IB is a business but not charity.}

>Which broker gives you 4% for the whole balance of $10,000<
See Fidelity current yield on cash reserves is presently 4.02%.
http://personal.fidelity.com/products/funds/mfl_frame.shtml?316067107
Etrade and Schwab also have similar rates and automatic fund sweeps.

Software fees are optional with Fidelity and Schwab. But they should be a consideration in broker comparisons depending on your needs.

>Also, which broker pays you good interest on money received from short sales <

Optionsexpress is an example of a broker that will credit your balance with the proceeds from short sales.

>It is true that account of this size or close is relatively expensive on IB.<
I don't think it mattters the size of the account. IB does not pay interest on the first $10,000 ; thus this is a cost to consider with an IB account.

Hope this helps,

urep

Interactive brokers and OTCBB

Do IB allow online trades for OTCBB stock, I'm not having any luck with any of the companies that I am interested in.