Best Thread Interactive Brokers

hi,

If I open an account in IB, and I want to daytrade the stocks in the stock market such as Japan or Hongkong, but not in USA, In this case, should I still need to fund my account at least 25000 USD ?

thanks for help! anyone know?

They told me a max of 3% away from the market, but the fill i got was pretty much where the old IDEAL prices used to be. Less than 1% away from market.
1.36 Eur x 1% = 0.0136 means 136 ticks to fill small order? Are you sure?

I have a question about the way IB posts orders on otcbb stocks.
I am trading KORE which traded 1700 shares today,
the problem seems to be in the past when I enter an order with their smart routing it does not show up in any book, but rather waits for someone to enter an order that it can hit.
that works great with a heavily traded stock,
but with a thinly traded stock with a massive spread it really sucks.

also it looks like there is only one ECN that you can use to actually place a limit order so that someone can actually see it. But it won't work for my stock KORE???

any suggestions? I want to sell this stock I have, but I really don't want to pay the spread.

Hi guys

I will set up a chart api with interactive brokers (because TWS freeze) but it's difficult to make a choice:

I am intraday trader and I keep my position about 20 minutes (15 trades per day)

first I would like to choose Esignal but they don't have exactly the same market depht than IB (difference about 1 or 2 pips) because they don't have the same origin of price(different bank)

so I have an hesitation between sierrachart ninjatrader quotetracker...

I heard about 1st-profit but I don't know anything about them
the problem with ninjatrader is we have to give them sensitive information to connect and I don't like

do anyone can help me to make the choice

thanks

the problem with ninjatrader is we have to give them sensitive information to connect and I don't like

what info is that? when you run IB TWS, NinjaTrader connects to it direct, no password required.

Anyway, security is one of the smallest problems with ninjatrader.

I haven't tried the others but i'd be interested to learn more....

good evening Adamus,

I have read a lot of articles on IB and one trader who compare a lot of API have said that in his conclusion (something like you have to give user name passeword...). I am happy to hear from you it is fake and I am happy to have this kind of real discussion with real trader this is why I join T2W
I never try any graph API on IB for the simple reason that I am opening the account just miss one paper to be ready

it is a good new because a lot of people are using ninja trader and feel good about it
one more question: NT have the same market depht than IB? (for Esignal I am sure not because I get the information from them directly and they have said they have a difference)
for the front end I will take button trader but all the people are not agree on this point: when I will take a position with button trader it will take more time than if I take the position with TWS directly?
is it real that TWS graph freeze a lot of time because I have read also this on T2W and this is the only one reason for me to take an API graph
thanks

The charts in TWS are not very good at all. Nobody will recommend you use them,I'm sure. I don't know what any of the other apps which use IB are like except NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader charts are good, but NinjaTrader 6 has many technical problems which might give you trouble and NinjaTrader7 is still in beta so it also has many problems.

I am not sure about market depth because I have only looked at it once and then I discovered it wasn't real for the forex markets.

I also have no experience with Button Trader. I'm a systems / mechanical trader and I use NinjaTrader for running my systems. However I wouldn't worry about the execution speed of the program running on your PC as long as the PC has enough memory and CPU.

I haven't seen graphs freezing in TWS, but I have seen them freezing in NinjaTrader 7 beta, but that is to be expected sometimes in beta software.

Good luck!

ok I think I will start with tws for the graph because even if they are uggly it's not a problem for traiding, I already test them and it is not difficult to set up I am little bit worry about freezing but I will see and if it give me trouble I will take a graph API
for button trader I am waiting my new cpu from dell with:
processeur: intel core 2 quad (2.66GHz 1333MHz 6Mo)
memory: DDR3 4096Mo 1333MHz
hard drive: SSD 64 GB
graphics: (256MB ATI RADEON HD 24inch) x2
I think it is enough for trade
thanks a lot for your advices

market depth

how so? IB streams fake data ?

OK, badly put. I mean I think that it was only a very small section of the whole forex market and probably not representative and in fact if you had the whole book, it'd overwhelm your little desktop trading platform. To be honest I just don't know because I haven't' looked into it but I'd be interested to know more if you've got experience with it.

Re: market depth

OK, badly put. I mean I think that it was only a very small section of the whole forex market and probably not representative and in fact if you had the whole book, it'd overwhelm your little desktop trading platform. To be honest I just don't know because I haven't' looked into it but I'd be interested to know more if you've got experience with it.
I hate IB because of their arrogant snobish tech support.

But otherwise they are good broker.

So my guess is that you see are IB own ECN trades. To see what you want to see you have to go to larger players and open an acount starting from 500K.

In equities the level 2 book is somewhat straightforward. But in FX it is complicated and depends on your broker setup because there is no exchange.

My point is that the info they show is fairly good enough for a retail trader and is relatively good for the industry.

IB doesn't give fake data but Esignal use another bank and there a little difference between the both market depht for a swing trader there is no probleme but for a day trader with something like 20 pips target the difference could be about 10 or 20% of the profit or loss

Mule. why are you answering question which wasnt addressed to you? You havent even understood what Adamus is talking about.

Adamus is talking about level 2 book data. the spread size is different matter. and I think IB has quite good spreads. So nothing to complain.

dear Maxima
ok but as you see I am rookie and I am here to learn so maybe I didn't give the good explanation to Adamus but the answer you put on your reply was for me I think
I was talking about this thing:
for example average price eur/usd/1.000 on TWS
average price eur/usd 1.002 on Esignal at the same moment
I was not talking about spread or...

it was not a complain on IB it was in my selection of API graph to use with IB and suit to my strategy