Best Thread Interactive Brokers

You don't, I was just trying to help you out and it is much quicker and easier to call the US after all it is only 1p a minute.

Like I said have you emailed and asked ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I appreciate your help but, this is a company with a muti-billion $ turnover, who have a London office. Also, my experience of dealing with their USA operation is not good. I needed a few k from my trading account and they twice sent it to the wrong bank AND had the nerve to charge me for the transactions!!! In fairness, they did refund these charges but, didn't compensate me for loss of bank interest. It took a month for me to get my money from their payments office in the USA. They managed to get it right on the third occasion!!

I'll email Henry and try and get an answer on TSim+.

Hi Paul,

I appreciate your help but, this is a company with a muti-billion $ turnover, who have a London office. Also, my experience of dealing with their USA operation is not good. I needed a few k from my trading account and they twice sent it to the wrong bank AND had the nerve to charge me for the transactions!!! In fairness, they did refund these charges but, didn't compensate me for loss of bank interest. It took a month for me to get my money from their payments office in the USA. They managed to get it right on the third occasion!!

I'll email Henry and try and get an answer on TSim+.

One click trading: use the book trader.
You can also set up hot keys to do the same from the keypad or mouse.

Also I do not think the London office has a full Customer Service Desk. You should call this number:
Europe • France • Germany • Italy • Netherlands • Spain • Switzerland • United Kingdom
00800-IB-BROKER or 00800-42-276537** Toll free customer service
+41-41-726-9500 Direct dial customer service

Extra Symbols/Lines of Data from IB?

Sorry if this is already covered somewhere but does anyone know if it is possible to subscribe (not just based on commissions generated) to more than 100 lines of data from IB?

Many Thanks
Steve

One click trading: use the book trader.
You can also set up hot keys to do the same from the keypad or mouse.

Also I do not think the London office has a full Customer Service Desk. You should call this number:
Europe • France • Germany • Italy • Netherlands • Spain • Switzerland • United Kingdom
00800-IB-BROKER or 00800-42-276537** Toll free customer service
+41-41-726-9500 Direct dial customer service

Hi Def,

Thanks for that. I've been to a couple of seminars at the London office and they never mentioned how to set up for one click trading. When demoing trading withTWS, the usual multi-click method was the only one they showed.

Despite the bad experience with their payments office, in the USA, I find the London staff very good to deal with (when they answer the phone!!!!!).

Sorry if this is already covered somewhere but does anyone know if it is possible to subscribe (not just based on commissions generated) to more than 100 lines of data from IB?

Many Thanks
Steve

If you spend more than $800 in commish per month. Then one extra line per incremental $8.

If you spend more than $800 in commish per month. Then one extra line per incremental $8.

I think 50 is the maximum

Paul

Thanks Paul and Dc for the replies. I get 100 lines of data. I guess where the '50' comes into to it, Paul, is that if you are also feeding an API, such as TS2Ki, then the 100 is effectively split between the TWS and the other API. Even if they are the same symbols. In other words, the number of symbols collected in Globalserver and the number of symbols displayed on TWS are aggregated. I guess I will ring IB when they are open in the morning.

Cheers
Steve

Hello IB,

Do you have order flows for Euribor spreads in size of say 1000 to 2000 lots? How much volume do you guys do on mid-curve euribor options?

Thanks,
D

spreads

can someone who actually trades FX with IB tell me about their spreads? What do you get on majors, EURJPY, USDCAD, AUDUSD and what percentage of the time? Please respond only if you actually use them. Thanks.

Easy money with EUR E7 futures

I noticed that the EUR March contract was trading an 1,5674 with a tight spread, but the mini contract was trading with a very large spread:

1,5670 bid and 1,5720 ask to 1,5739 ask with actually trades at 1,5720 1,5739.

Meaning, this was risk free 45 to 65 ticks by selling into 2 E7 contracts and then buying one EUR at 1,5674

Actualy more than 20 contracts hanged hands on E7 at thus 45 to 65 ticks ABOVE actual market price.

QUestions to Interactive Brokers:
If I do so, will the margin calculation take into account the short position in E7 and the long position in EUR?
Can they be converted from 2 E7 into one EUR already immediately after trading or to I have to wait for te expiration and settlement by the clearing house?

DOLLAR or STERLING base currency?

I recently opened an IB account with a USD base currency. With the $ falling against the £ would it be better to have the base currency in £ ??

If the base currency is £ would i have to pay forex fees each time I buy/sell NASDAQ or NYSE stocks?

Paul

DOLLAR or STERLING base currency?

I recently opened an IB account with a USD base currency. With the $ falling against the £ would it be better to have the base currency in £ ??

If the base currency is £ would i have to pay forex fees each time I buy/sell NASDAQ or NYSE stocks?

Paul

No you don't. You will accrue a +ve or -ve cash balance in the denominated currency of the instruments you are trading. You can convert that balance to your base currency (or any other currency for that matter) whenever you choose.

You're being suspicious.

I note that a poster elsewhere pointed out that the content is along the lines of:

"be scared of the other guys ... but not of use because we're the extra careful broker"

so, leave them, and come to us. And then he noted that at least some people had got scared ... so maybe the ad is backfiring.

You're being suspicious.

I note that a poster elsewhere pointed out that the content is along the lines of:

"be scared of the other guys ... but not of use because we're the extra careful broker"

so, leave them, and come to us. And then he noted that at least some people had got scared ... so maybe the ad is backfiring.

Ermmm,
Take a look at yesterday's chart. It opened at around $30 on Friday and hit a low of just above $20 yesterday on massive volume. Is this normal given that yesterday was an abnormal day and I.B. are in the financial sector? Or is there something else going on, something sinister that we need to know about?
:eek:
Tim.

Attachments

• IBKR_Daily.gif
    IBKR_Daily.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 283
Ermmm,
Take a look at yesterday's chart. It opened at around $30 on Friday and hit a low of just above $20 yesterday on massive volume. Is this normal given that yesterday was an abnormal day and I.B. are in the financial sector? Or is there something else going on, something sinister that we need to know about?
Tim.

I did notice that too, but couldn't find any specific IB related news...

Ermmm,
Tim.

We stand by the content of our advert

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/download/IB08-102.pdf

Why no charts ?

I have a demo TWS but the charts aren't offered in stocks Nasdaq so whats the story?

The demo should be the same as the live and that is a complete bummer.

The one chart I did get was terrible. Anyone with experiance with the live version?

I have a demo TWS but the charts aren't offered in stocks Nasdaq so whats the story?

The demo should be the same as the live and that is a complete bummer.

The one chart I did get was terrible. Anyone with experiance with the live version?

The demo is very limited and the charts are not very good - demo or live. You are much better off using a third party charting package eg QuoteTacker (free or $6 PM without adverts) with the live version. This is a decent combination but there are several other options including Sierra charts.

The demo simply gives you an idea of tws's features and the data it provides is next to useless.

Most IB users use different charting. I use Sierra Chart with IB data as the feed.

LOL ... snap.