Which instrument do you trade and why?

Posca

A question for members of this forum!

What do you prefer to trade (commodities, equities, bonds, forex, futures etc.)? and for what reasons do you prefer to trade this as opposed to any other instrument?

Last edited:
Mostly spot forex, some emini S&P, and rarely US equities.
This has certainly changed over the years!

Peter

What do you prefer to trade (commodities, equities, bonds, forex, futures etc.)?
and for what reasons do you prefer to trade this as opposed to any other instrument?

I trade futures .. the Euro, Pound, S&P and FESX mainly the Euro and S&P.
Why ....Maybe becuase of the leverage.

and I dont like spreadbetting ...it doesnt work for me

Although at the start of my career I traded all sorts through spreadbets , oil, gold, index, forex even the hosuing index !!
But then I spent £££'s on education and stuck with futures.

Futures is not the only way, however it is the only way to apply your knowledge of technicals - if you have any and not have long to wait to see if your reading of the technicals is accurate.
Personally, I love all the crap and BS that goes with equities, but your capital is open to the vagaries of mkt risk - like last Friday. Further, what happens on a chart over 6 months usually occurs at least once in a daily chart on your chosen futures mkt.
So, as long as you have liquidity to eliminate slippage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot Forex. It seems to suit my approach.

Testing with indices seems OK, but not quite as good. I watch about 28 or so pairs daily / 4hr and about 19 or so 1hr, so that's plenty to keep me busy.