Insight on Fading Gap Downs Please.

mfdoom

23 0
Gap downs are low risk,simple, and probable, yet I could use some insight and tips for trading them.

Here is my method so far: I run a scan at 9:45 AM for gap downs at 4% or more in US equities. If the 6 month price chart shows somewhat of an uptrend, and the candlestick patterns or phycology shows positive sentiment, I will buy. I am also aware of volume and look for a continuation in the average rage after 9:50 AM.

If anyone has tips such as which timeframe to use, reversal tendencies, what they personally do, or even a better method/system, please respond.

robertofx

139 1
Gap downs are low risk,simple, and probable, yet I could use some insight and tips for trading them.

Here is my method so far: I run a scan at 9:45 AM for gap downs at 4% or more in US equities. If the 6 month price chart shows somewhat of an uptrend, and the candlestick patterns or phycology shows positive sentiment, I will buy. I am also aware of volume and look for a continuation in the average rage after 9:50 AM.

If anyone has tips such as which timeframe to use, reversal tendencies, what they personally do, or even a better method/system, please respond.

How is your strategy ? Achieved good results with it ?

mfdoom

23 0
How is your strategy ? Achieved good results with it ?

I've tested it maybe four days and I have taken a small loss. Loss because I cannot run a scan earlier than 9:45AM, so by that time the stocks are already close to filling the gap at 50% and usually bounce off that range. I have not found a stock that continuously or steadily rose throughout the day in about a week, which is what I am looking to trade. For example, look at Sprint (S) on july 12th, 2013

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock