Information on Optiver tests

hi mate,

i have passed the first 3 tests with optiver and there is a 30-minute phone interview coming up next.
would you shed me some light on what they are going to ask in this call?

thanks

Congratulations!!

Lets wait for hopefultrader answer.

HopefulTrader-
Congrats on passing the Optiver tests! I have the test coming up next week in London and would really appreciate some advice on the test format- afterall those that help others get much more back in return!
Is the test similar to tradertest.org at all and how many operations are there per question? Would really be very much obliged if you could be kind enough to share a few pointers on the test and how best to approach it.

Many thanks in advance

Also, appologies for the noob question however how does one copy the questions for the program in order to print them out?

I like your statement about "afterall those that help others get much more back in return!"
Sorry I have my final interview this week so in a rush but will type out the key points in my view quickly. There's a one in a billion chance of passing this interview, so understandably freaked out...
- 2-4 operations per question max. 3/4 is more like it but sometimes there would be really easy ones but most of them are smal numbers
- don't copy paste the simulator questions, do it on the laptop. No matter how much time you waste typing it in, it'll be the same time you'll waste trying to find a bullet point in the answer sheet. You can't just tick the right answer on question paper. In fact in real world situation you'll score less than what you did in your practice.
- Make sure you're able to do 80 questions of easy level on trader test in around 7 or less minutes to have a good chance
- Try medium level of trader test but ONLY ONLY after you've achieved the above benchmark. I didn't find the math test particularly hard to be honest, its all about speed and accuracy.
- Watch all the videos on youtube by this guy: Fast Maths Trick of Calculation - YouTube. The accent and slow speed of his video and cheesy remarks will frustrate you but persevere through it
- If you have time, read this book (read it over the weekend)Secrets of Mental Math: The Mathemagician's Guide to Lightning Calculation and Amazing Mental Math Tricks: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Shermer, Arthur Benjamin: Books

Hope this helps, message me if anything and I'll try to reply. Best of luck.

nhatdangpham -

my sincerest apologies for missing out on your post. I dont know why i didn't get a notification for your message. I hope your interview went well. If I can be of any help now then let me know. Sorry I didn't see this before, but best wishes.

hi mate,

i have passed the first 3 tests with optiver and there is a 30-minute phone interview coming up next.
would you shed me some light on what they are going to ask in this call?

thanks

I like your statement about "afterall those that help others get much more back in return!"
Sorry I have my final interview this week so in a rush but will type out the key points in my view quickly. There's a one in a billion chance of passing this interview, so understandably freaked out....

Hi guys, how did your interviews go?

hi guys.

Thanks a lot for sharing information in this thread.

I am invited to an "online assessment will measure your Abstract Thinking, Analytical Reasoning, Attention to Detail, Mathematical Problem-Solving, and Process Mapping skills" from Optiver. This is exactly in the invitation email. I was wondering if it is the same as the tests discussed in this thread or not? Has anyone here done this test before?

Hey,

I am also planning to apply for the test and preparing for the three barrier tests, but the ones one mentioned are quite new. To which office are you applying to? Is the position closer to trading or IT?

Hey,

I am also planning to apply for the test and preparing for the three barrier tests, but the ones one mentioned are quite new. To which office are you applying to? Is the position closer to trading or IT?

hi Sharapolas.

It's IT about data analysis. I will take the online test this weekend. But not so sure what it will look like. How do you know that yours will be the three barrier tests? Is it mentioned in the invitation?

hi Sharapolas.

It's IT about data analysis. I will take the online test this weekend. But not so sure what it will look like. How do you know that yours will be the three barrier tests? Is it mentioned in the invitation?

Well the answer is still probablistic, but
1) The majority of guys in the forums were applying to trading positions and they got these tests
2) At an I event I spoke with a recruiter her statements were close to what is public
3) After reading Hull and several other books related to trading I start to understand why qualities such as speed arithmetic and fractions are sought in wannabe traders

hummm, seems like my position is off the track here. Anyway, good luck with the tests.

Hello,

Can you apply at Optiver with a bachelor if you want to be a trader or do you have to have a master's degree?

can anyone share some information about optiver's sequence test? what would be good practice for it? thanks!

Hi dmc83,
I was applying to Optiver and I have received exactly same e-mail as you did, also on IT position. I assume you have already taken the test. I wonder if it was similar to trader tests described in this thread?

Hi, I am applying for Optiver Amsterdam and they told me that I will be taking an online assessment and the official trading tests. I wonder if any of you has gone through the trading test and would like to share some info on it. Many thanks!

I am using tradertest.org to practice for the Optiver numerical test. I practice the medium level test. Some of the calculations are really hard, for example: 9 + -191 * 66 / -1.2 * -0.0008. Does the real Optiver test really contains such high level calculation?

Hi all,
Firstly thank you for all the information that you guys have provided. I have just completed the online assessment test (completed 71 questions out of 80 in 8 mins) and have got invited for the 3 round of pen-and paper test. I understand the difficulty level for the 1st test will be similar.
I just wanted to know a bit more about the 2nd and 3rd test to prepare for them. I am able to do all the sequence questions in tradertest and wanted to know if there are other such simulators where I can practice.
Also, how much harder is the 3rd test compared to the 1st? They said that it will be a 10 min test but they didnot specify the number of questions.

Many thanks in advance.