information needed about prop trading

nikosmelis

I would appreciate it if anyone who trades or has traded at a futures prop house in London ( MacFutures, STA (schneider), Curvalue, Goldenberg Heymeher, GHF) or option marketmakers(makoglobal,optiver) give me some information about these firms

Search for posts by twalker. He trades fom a prop house and knows what he's doing.

Cant remember the house he trades at, but he does mention it. (none of the above)

nikosmelis said:
I would appreciate it if anyone who trades or has traded at a futures prop house in London ( MacFutures, STA (schneider), Curvalue, Goldenberg Heymeher, GHF) or option marketmakers(makoglobal,optiver) give me some information about these firms

MAcfutures good, very good....
Optiver, Mako very good

The rest not so good.....

London capital, futex, Saxon etc pay basic salary and offer 50/50 split of profits etc

If u can afford to live on that then go for it.....

varies place to place. Not much but probably better than a student loan.
As you make, you earn more.
varies place to place. Often ask for grads if you haven't got 20k to put up as margin.

I have a master in Banking and Finance but it is not from a top university and a very good knowledge of derivatives (options,futures.....) should i apply?

nikosmelis said:
I have a master in Banking and Finance but it is not from a top university and a very good knowledge of derivatives (options,futures.....) should i apply?

Apply to Mako, Macfutres and optiver as they pay a high salary and require tech abilities unlike the prop shops Futex, London Capital etc

PS it's tough to get in so don't be disheartened if you get rejected.

Best of luck with it.

Last edited:
Send your CV, or call and have a chat. the guy you want to talk to is called David Rose.
What more information do you want?

Trading Connections

Trading connections is a good and reliable Trading arcade in Kent.
It is opening a new office 8th March which will accommodate 25 traders to the excisting 25 traders.
It has the facility to trade LIFFE, Eurex and also day trade LSE directly into SETs via RTS