Indicators: How are you coping with gaps and outsize bars?

trendie

Legendary member
My rules require the use of indicators.
I generally design them to fit into a session, eg, around 2-3hrs. (Euro-session,and US-session)
(but because today the Dow30, on InterTrader, had trading denied for several minutes, and the initial moves were massive, it screwed my signals for Dow, and thus didnt trade it. )

If you use larger TFs, how are you coping with gapping, and massive outsize bars?

My rules require the use of indicators.
I generally design them to fit into a session, eg, around 2-3hrs. (Euro-session,and US-session)
(but because today the Dow30, on InterTrader, had trading denied for several minutes, and the initial moves were massive, it screwed my signals for Dow, and thus didnt trade it. )

If you use larger TFs, how are you coping with gapping, and massive outsize bars?

I’ve thrown all my rules out of the window. Just trying to latch on to momentum spurts either way. Been lucky so far - a few fast losses haven’t damaged too much - and pretty much done for today, although keeping an eye out for a fast rally before the close.

Avoiding trading when bars are crazy. The markets are "rational" 90% of the time, that's enough for me. Its hard to generate rational rules for irrational times and when these are the minority anyway, what's the point?