Indicators are liars! Support and Resistance Trading for the S&P emini

But MDT - you don't trade do you ? Don't you just sell flaky training & software to people, renege on the agreement you have with them and then tell people all your students are just too dumb to understand you?

Also - didn't you get kicked off Elite Trader for multi-nicking? You know - selling the services there as yourself & then creating ficticious 'happy customers' to come into your threads & say how great you are?

Or are you a different guy?

Will you put up and show trading statements at some point if you are the mythical trainer of retards?

...btw...my experience is that the S & P 500 index is the most complex index to trade due to the different time frames of the many players in the index. Suggest searching for a more simple "play".

I enjoy trading the S&P 500 I've followed and traded it for 12 years. It tells you everything that is happening. The different time frames are difficult I admit but when you work out how one time frame slots into the next it helps you understand how the next time frame is likely to be played at least at in the first few hours.

This is a great edge.

Dont give up on it. Master it and it will put you infront of so many other traders and give you an edge they just dont understand. Which means you end up a winner.

Hi Aamarx,

I signed up to your 'Free Trial' but can't find the data sheets (other than the free pivot points tab which do not show the 'confluence zones').?

Also, on your sample data sheet I don't see a section for trend line S&R? (although I appreciate that these can be plotted easliy without the data sheet)

I love the idea of this by the way, I have been learning the principles of technical analysis now for about a month and I am completely sold on the idea of focusing in on key areas of S&R in the longer timeframes (4hr) and forming an opinion on how price will move and zooming into the shorter timeframes (15-30 mins) to look to see if price action confirms this expectation and identify a decent entry point with a good risk/reward ratio.

I do not believe indicators add much value, some seem to just confirm what price is telling us already - for example, the concept of MACD divergence as a sell signal seems a bit daft to me as you can tell when a trend might be coming to an end when the latest high is only marginally higher than the last (or a double top) - you can clearly see that price is running out of steam without having to draw trend lines on an indicator?! Anyhoo...

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Aamarx,

I signed up to your 'Free Trial' but can't find the data sheets (other than the free pivot points tab which do not show the 'confluence zones').?

Also, on your sample data sheet I don't see a section for trend line S&R? (although I appreciate that these can be plotted easliy without the data sheet)

I love the idea of this by the way, I have been learning the principles of technical analysis now for about a month and I am completely sold on the idea of focusing in on key areas of S&R in the longer timeframes (4hr) and forming an opinion on how price will move and zooming into the shorter timeframes (15-30 mins) to look to see if price action confirms this expectation and identify a decent entry point with a good risk/reward ratio.

I do not believe indicators add much value, some seem to just confirm what price is telling us already - for example, the concept of MACD divergence as a sell signal seems a bit daft to me as you can tell when a trend might be coming to an end when the latest high is only marginally higher than the last (or a double top) - you can clearly see that price is running out of steam without having to draw trend lines on an indicator?! Anyhoo...

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark

We do include Trend line analysis in our work. the problem we face is that of space. We just don't have the room on the pdf to include everything we look at in a usable way. They are certainly factored into the PowerZones without doubt.

Any questions feel free to email

Hey Mark

We do include Trend line analysis in our work. the problem we face is that of space. We just don't have the room on the pdf to include everything we look at in a usable way. They are certainly factored into the PowerZones without doubt.

Any questions feel free to email

You were into something good .What happened?

Attachments

• longs.jpg
    longs.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 323