Index Futures

Ted1983

Hi,

Do any of the spreadbetting companies give access to the actual futures market ar all their products in house offerings?

Ted.

They're all house, as you put it, except Prospreads who are expensive unless you trade massive volumes.

Thanks, I thought so.

I hope you know you stole my desired username :mad:, Im called Jack o'Clubs on 2+2, :cry:

Last edited:
They're all house, as you put it, except Prospreads who are expensive unless you trade massive volumes.

I disagree Jack, only because when you get quotes from other spreadbetters they may be 1 tic or even .5 of a tic wide in some products, but when you get the re-quote and nothing done scenario's there spread may as well be 2 or 3 tics wide to get a fill, also when you want to get out of your trade they now what you want to do so adjust the price accordingley ( another tic or 2 given away ). With ProSpreads there actual spreads (commision ) are fixed, but never had a re-quote or a nothing done as they offer the actual market price not a quote around the actual market.

I disagree Jack, only because when you get quotes from other spreadbetters they may be 1 tic or even .5 of a tic wide in some products, but when you get the re-quote and nothing done scenario's there spread may as well be 2 or 3 tics wide to get a fill, also when you want to get out of your trade they now what you want to do so adjust the price accordingley ( another tic or 2 given away ). With ProSpreads there actual spreads (commision ) are fixed, but never had a re-quote or a nothing done as they offer the actual market price not a quote around the actual market.

So are you a regular user of Prospreads? For how long, may I ask?
We don't seem to get many reports from Prospreads users.

So are you a regular user of Prospreads? For how long, may I ask?
We don't seem to get many reports from Prospreads users.

i have been with ProSpreads since their name change from FuturesBetting and was with FBC for 2 years so in total 4 years.

Not likely if they only have about 70 clients, as was posted somewhere.

Ross every time i read a quote from you, it is negative about some company a person or something in general. Have you nothing better to do, like trade, which these forums are supposed to be about.

OK, here's something a bit more constructive. I am an ex-customer. I was with them as Futuresbetting, but never re-opened my account when they re-emerged as ProSpeads. For certain styles of trading I'm sure they are very good, certainly no complaints from me on platform, execution or underlying concept. The difficulty is that the spread they add to the underlying (whether you treat it as a spread or a comm) is expensive until you hit high volumes (200+ per contract per month). The difficulty is that to hit those volumes you need to be a scalper but you can't scalp successfully at the commissions they charge under 200 lots, which is a bit of catch-22. For a particular style of trading (eg where you're happy to take a longer term view and a bit of additional spread is not relevant to your returns) then they'd be very effective if you are making more than your annual CGT limit.

Ross every time i read a quote from you, it is negative about some company a person or something in general. Have you nothing better to do, like trade, which these forums are supposed to be about.

Someone else (or was it you?) said the same recently, but I think these boards would be useless if everyone came on here agreeing with each other and saying all is perfect. This is the spreadbetting forum, not a trading forum. The comment about the number of Prospreads clients was based on a memory of something I read, but if you know the true figure, please post it.

I referred to the LCG annual report recently, saying that it (Prospreads) had not made a profit.

However, that was the 2009 report. The 2010 report should be out soon, so it would be interesting to see if that had changed.