Income after 2yrs.. if ur good!? :-)

spriggsy

Hi guys... i have found all these threads very useful in finding my way through this mine field and i had one more questions...

if you have read any of my other threads i am looking to get into a prop shop in london which offers trianing. First of all i am unsure about how to judge each one and whihc is best...?

Secondly, i am fully aware that i may not get paid a base salary (or minimal if i do!) and i am fine with that as i have very little financial committments and now is the time to take such a risk.... i wanted to see if anyone could offer any advice on the level of income i can expect to be earning after say two years of full trading (after training)????

Everyone has heard the stories of guys of 24/25 making 500k+ per annum but i wanted to see how realistic that was etc etc...? assuming that i can hold my own and am good!!??????? :cool::cheesy:

Any thoughts would be great.... thank you

Hi guys... i have found all these threads very useful in finding my way through this mine field and i had one more questions...

if you have read any of my other threads i am looking to get into a prop shop in london which offers trianing. First of all i am unsure about how to judge each one and whihc is best...?

Secondly, i am fully aware that i may not get paid a base salary (or minimal if i do!) and i am fine with that as i have very little financial committments and now is the time to take such a risk.... i wanted to see if anyone could offer any advice on the level of income i can expect to be earning after say two years of full trading (after training)????

Everyone has heard the stories of guys of 24/25 making 500k+ per annum but i wanted to see how realistic that was etc etc...? assuming that i can hold my own and am good!!??????? :cool::cheesy:

Any thoughts would be great.... thank you

Sounds realistic, but i doubt thats the majority

the keywords in your post are "if I am good"... if you're a good trader, you can make a fortune. Apparently, there is a very good trader at Futex who works 2hrs a day and mints £1m+ a month.

Whether you can do the same, well, thats all down to you...

What type of trading tends to offer the biggest potential earnings?

Equities, FOREX, Futures, etc?

If you havn't blown yourself out of the water after two years then I'd guesstimate you should be making £50-150k

the keywords in your post are "if I am good"... if you're a good trader, you can make a fortune. Apparently, there is a very good trader at Futex who works 2hrs a day and mints £1m+ a month.

Whether you can do the same, well, thats all down to you...

I read about that guy too. Does anyone know what he trades? IN the article I read he pretty much said he trades everything (e.g. commodities, bonds, equities), but if he's putting in that little work, he's probably found some sort of statistical anomoly that can be execute mechanically.

N.B. DIdn't he say he worked 2 hours a week, rather than 2 hours a day?

I read about that guy too. Does anyone know what he trades? IN the article I read he pretty much said he trades everything (e.g. commodities, bonds, equities), but if he's putting in that little work, he's probably found some sort of statistical anomoly that can be execute mechanically.

N.B. DIdn't he say he worked 2 hours a week, rather than 2 hours a day?

You shouldn't believe everything you read in trader monthly

Its trading equivalent of the SUN...maybe worse

Arbitrageur,

“works 2hrs a day and mints £1m+ a month”

Do I detect a hint of bitterness/resentment here because you have to work twice as long for the same result?

Spriggsy,

These wild figures thrown about may well be true but one doesn’t really have a choice in the matter – you make £X million if you can; if you make £10,000 a year, that’s how much you make. Or you don’t make anything.

Mikmo,

The same applies here – someone makes a fortune in fx but may be hopeless in equities. You have to find your own niche.

Fantastic earnings tend to produce aspirations based on fantasy. Dashing Blade’s assessment is realistic if your good (which may come as a disappointment to some).

Grant.