In This Thread, we post sensational rumors about the British Royal Family

seancass

329 1
In my opinion this thread demeans an otherwise honourable site and the inherent prejudices of some members are shamefully exposed.

It's incredible that while some threads of more relevance to the function of the site have been pulled, understandably attracting some criticism and speculation, this one is permitted to continue. Are there not double standards here?

The lawyers among us may be inclined to advise a little restraint and caution, if only for the sake of the Moderators. To permit a thread of this nature to develop along established lines where the recipients of the vitriol are in no position to respond, undermines the status of this Board and is likely to cause embarrassment to many of its members.

Sean

JonnyT

2,560 22
Why should the Royals be exempt from the media?

They should be abolished then that way it wouldn't be a problem would it.

If any of these alleged stories have any substance then the monachy is indeed doomed.

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
Jonny
I think you will find the monarchy have weathered storms
a great deal worse than this and still come through with flying colours.

Doomed ?, hardly.

Bigbusiness

Experienced member
1,408 23
I will vote against them next time we have an election:) . If we do have to have a monarchy, and I can't think of one good reason for it, we should be able to change them every now and then. My failed CSE history is a bit poor but I do remember in the past England was invaded a few times and the monarchy was overthrown. How long are we going to be stuck with this lot?

RogerM

Established member
752 6
I agree with seancass. I'm no fan of the Royal Family, but to pull a wonderful thread like the "Typical day's trading in the US" from a traders site, whilst leaving potentially libelous threads like this, from which we can learn nothing useful, seems perverse.

mully

Established member
967 3
I wish you would all stop b*ggering about . You could queer our pitch. Lets get back to trading

Car Key Boi

396 8
seancass said:
In my opinion this thread demeans an otherwise honourable site and the inherent prejudices of some members are shamefully exposed.

It's incredible that while some threads of more relevance to the function of the site have been pulled, understandably attracting some criticism and speculation, this one is permitted to continue. Are there not double standards here?

The lawyers among us may be inclined to advise a little restraint and caution, if only for the sake of the Moderators. To permit a thread of this nature to develop along established lines where the recipients of the vitriol are in no position to respond, undermines the status of this Board and is likely to cause embarrassment to many of its members.

Sean

1. Channel 4 news did a piece on the royal servant gagging the Guardian newspaper and they went just as far by mentioning that website that bonsai posted (republic.org) which names Charles and Fawcett

2. Fawcett filed the injuction, that is a FACT.

3. It's only a matter of days before all of this explode

4. The Car Key Boi is always right :cool:

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
eventually, Charlie Boi would become King, right? and i presume he'll become head of the Church of England, right? well, if a single gay bishop can cause so much damage to the Christian movement, imagine what will happen when Charlie Boi is head of the Church of England...

Wot happens is wot we hav always dun... its our church and we'll do whatever the hell we want with it...

Henry made his own church so he get divorced, Charlie can equally re-rite the Bible and with 2days corruptions it can be as old and as genuine as the Turin shroud is.

As regard to the content of this thread I quite enjoy reading these as an intellectual discussion/debate of a slightly controversial nature. These thread by CKB have been usually of a delicate nature and some folk may have found offence but the peeps on these BB's have responded diplomatically and courteously (at least in the parts ive been reading lol)

While i enjoyed the US stock thread immensely, i would like to see these threads continue... they are in the lounge after all is said and done.

We are all entitled to an opinion and this is mine

Happy trading
NB

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Just a reminder:- The Lounge was setup specifically to discuss non trading matters. We allow a much greater freedom of speech and expression in here, excluding personal attacks/profanities etc. I take your note about libel, Seancass, but this current topic is plastered with "allegedly" and "rumour has it" etc. Hopefully, so far there is nothing in these posts that could be considered libellous....

stevet

Established member
917 5
chartman

dont bet on it and you guys should make sure you are insured - it dont cost much and it is well worth it

you can give any opinion you want - but you have to make sure that your opinion is based on the correct fact as you saw it

so if you say you saw someone do x and that means they are y - that is ok up to a point - but if you added that they were wearing a red jumper and if fact it turned out they had on a blue jumper - it could be inferred that your opinion was about someone else so you incorrectly arrived at your opinion and would be responsible for any harm to the person

and just adding allegedly and rumours dont do nothing and in fact may make you more liable because you are suggesting that you doubted the authenticity of the remark and were trying to cover yourself

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Consideration is being given to re-instating that thread, but with the bad bits edited out... I think.....

stevet

Established member
917 5
this concept of a monarchy and treating them as something special in this day and age is total hogwash - leaving aside that they are arrogant fucks and the worst examples of morality - i bet , stripped of all the money they nicked from normal people, they could not get through an interview for a job in mcdonalds

like british airways and british telecom - they are an embarrasment totaly based in old world arrogance

Trader333

8,655 981
stevet,

Well I can see that you may have some valid points but has everyone forgotten that only last year there were over 1 million people in The Mall in celebration of the Queen ? There were also many millions of others celebrating all over the country.

The fact is that the Monarchy for all their faults and failings are very much loved by a huge section of the UK population. It is interesting isnt it that the US would love to have an institution such as this even if it is outdated and of limited use. Also what would our press have to write about if it were not for the Royals, I mean they are still milking Diana 6 years after her death.

The alternatives would not be any better as I just dont see how we can lavish the same to the likes of Gareth Gates of Jade Goody do you ?

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock