In Cambio Veritas

I've got a question...

In your first post you mentioned that a key part of your approach is "fundamental research" for "a clear understanding of why you're trading".

Yet, in this thread, you go long, close, and then short, USD/JPY within 18 hrs of each other.

What made you change your mind on the fundamentals?

I've got a question...

In your first post you mentioned that a key part of your approach is "fundamental research" for "a clear understanding of why you're trading".

Yet, in this thread, you go long, close, and then short, USD/JPY within 18 hrs of each other.

What made you change your mind on the fundamentals?

Maybe it's just that he has the clout to move the markets.:)

No probs, I am happy to pass it on, as I got from someone I have a great deal of respect for. I wish I had come up with it myself, but, alas, I don't have the sort of level of understanding of mkts that comes with 20 years in the trenches.

And yes, the idea of usefulness diminishing with complexity is sort of inherent to the whole idea.
Thanks for the insight. Have you made use of it in some form?
When did he pass it on to you? How is he doing now?

And... if you don't use TA, what do you use?

Thanks for the insight. Have you made use of it in some form?
When did he pass it on to you? How is he doing now?

And... if you don't use TA, what do you use?
I have not really, as my aversion to the absence of rigour in TA runs deep. But I appreciate it nonetheless.

There's not really a precise "when". I have been working for him for almost 5 years now and it's been a learning experience all along. This is just one of the things I have learned. As to my boss, he's doing just fine: still here, still my boss, still making a lot of money, still a normal, down-to-earth guy.

What I do is, I guess, FA. Basically, a lot of scenario analysis.