Imroving your trading method - what's needed?

Doomberg

Established member
Ok, i learned my day trading method the hard way, simply by making mistakes on live trading accounts over and over again, after lots of of practise I am now confident and get results. However since I have only had live education on trading and not read a single book would it be of benefit for me to enhance this with something like the Nial Fuller course? He covers all the basics in there and it's only a couple of 100. Also, since Nial trades longer term would it even have any benefit for me using his literature as a day trader? As well of your opinions on that, what else would you recommend? How did you enhance your trading method?

If you are trading intraday, in particular Forex, this is a great book and its free - How To Really Use Pivots eBook | Forex Useful - If the link is not allowed google "How To Really Use Pivots Forex Useful"

OK, it explains pivots but it also tells you what direction the market is likely to move depending on where the market opened and what pivot is being hit at present, absolutely invaluable in my opinion - Obviously of no use to those trading Daily charts or higher

It helped me a lot to test my method. I just turned back with the charts, let's say three months. I started to observe that some chart formations produce better results.
Then I tested my method again using the filters I found. If I observed other things I was testing them again. That helped me to select only the best setups.
If you lack ideas, you may read the book by Marcel Link - High Probability Trading
I haven't finished to read it yet, but it has a lot of valid ideas for filtering your trades.

You can also test different exit strategies

Why would you want to read a book written by someone who doesn't trade ?

If you are trading intraday, in particular Forex, this is a great book and its free - How To Really Use Pivots eBook | Forex Useful - If the link is not allowed google "How To Really Use Pivots Forex Useful"

OK, it explains pivots but it also tells you what direction the market is likely to move depending on where the market opened and what pivot is being hit at present, absolutely invaluable in my opinion - Obviously of no use to those trading Daily charts or higher

I must thank you for this link! I have not had time to read yet but pivot points are exactly what i am looking to learn more about as my best trades are when the market bounces off S&R

I'll read this over Xmas :cheesy:

I must thank you for this link! I have not had time to read yet but pivot points are exactly what i am looking to learn more about as my best trades are when the market bounces off S&R

I'll read this over Xmas :cheesy:

You're welcome

Ok, i learned my day trading method the hard way, simply by making mistakes on live trading accounts over and over again, after lots of of practise I am now confident and get results. However since I have only had live education on trading and not read a single book would it be of benefit for me to enhance this with something like the Nial Fuller course? He covers all the basics in there and it's only a couple of 100. Also, since Nial trades longer term would it even have any benefit for me using his literature as a day trader? As well of your opinions on that, what else would you recommend? How did you enhance your trading method?

I reckon it depends on whether you feel you need to make wholesale changes or just need some fine tuning. If the latter the you'll probably find that a lot of reading etc just takes you off on a load of tangents that are just going to cloud what you do. You'd be better off spending the time thoroughly reviewing your trades imo.

Fuller is alike (very alike) the older James16 thread over at Forexfactory except it is FREE (there is a member section but you do not need it). Try it:)

james16 Chart Thread @ Forex Factory

Merry Christmas everyone:love:

Trading is best learnt best by trial and error , finding out what suits your personality.The best way to get live experience is to practice professional systems traded by pros ,provided in this thread , and all the live price action by practicing live calls intraday.Go make some live calls and practise , you will see all the pro price action here ......with more knowledge in this thread on day trading than anywhere else.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/162600-box-breakout-pro-scalping.html

It is better to follow real traders than people who do not trade for a living.

Your spelling could stand a bit of "Imroving your trading method - what's needed?
"

IMPROVEMENT TOO

:)

You forgot to have a P
"

Last edited:
. However since I have only had live education on trading and not read a single book would it be of benefit for me to enhance this with something like the Nial Fuller course? He covers all the basics in there and it's only a couple of 100. Also, since Nial trades longer term would it even have any benefit for me using his literature as a day trader? ?

I did a lot of trial and error testing .I spent thousands of hours of trial and error,testing myself and methods in live markets.

Nial fuller , James 16 and Marcel link have great methods , and are billionaires from trading .They just waste their time for charity for $100 from noobs.They use fancy words like altruism .They all passed their trading schools and are going to heaven as altruists , and taking Neil as an accomplice.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ounding-keys-magic-kingdom-3.html#post2040454