Improve Credit Score ASAP

Nowler

Experienced member
Hi folks,
How can I improve my credit score asap?

I moved from Ireland early this year.
I recently switched banks also because my first one was a joke. I made the switch about a month and a half ago.

I got refused an overdraft recently, which prompted me to check my credit score with Experian. It says my rating is poor (630 out of 999). I assume this is because I'm not here long and perhaps because I'm not with this bank long... I have no outstanding loans or fail to pays on my record.

How can I improve this score the fastest?

Thanks in advance

Hi folks,
How can I improve my credit score asap?

I moved from Ireland early this year.
I recently switched banks also because my first one was a joke. I made the switch about a month and a half ago.

I got refused an overdraft recently, which prompted me to check my credit score with Experian. It says my rating is poor (630 out of 999). I assume this is because I'm not here long and perhaps because I'm not with this bank long... I have no outstanding loans or fail to pays on my record.

How can I improve this score the fastest?

Thanks in advance

You need to get credit cards and bills in your name to improve your score and make sure they are used and kept up to date

You need to get credit cards and bills in your name to improve your score and make sure they are used and kept up to date

Hello Sensei!
Thanks for the input.

Not sure I can get credit cards if I can't get an overdraft.
If fact, if they give me a credit card but refuse an over draft then they need a running slap. One of those lick your hand first slaps.

I have my bills in my name, but i do t have many as my house mate has the other half.
I wonder if getting a desktop on finance and paying it off via direct debit will help my credit score...

I'll see if they will give me a credit card.
I kinda hope they don't :)

Only people with very bad credit ratings including markers against their credit scores will be denied a credit card. You should be able to get one for like £300 that you can use for every day food shopping. This will quickly notch up your score. Just shop around.

Try get a utility bill in your name maybe Internet or separate phone line

FXX is right......

credit companies love stability of income , tenure of residency / address , and they especially like people being in debt ......as long as you pay all things regularly .......

they hate inconsistency and changing circumstances....I found this out back in early 2000's when i was inbetween jobs and back from USA and we moved house........

fecking bank i had banked with for some 20 years (5 loans , 3 mortgages) dumped me like a stone as i didnt have a job......and they laughed at my trading performance as it wasnt a real job and the income was irrelevent .......we had some serious capital as well but just wanted to leverage it ...........still didnt count

so i switched banks to first Direct actually who i have been pretty happy with .....

just get that track record rolling as soon as possible and rack up some small cards and start paying them regularly .....theres also plenty of websites giving advice

N

Ok,
I will make an appointment with them for a small credit card and will use to to buy my shopping and whatnot, then just pay it off the following week.

I've applied for the electoral roll also.
I assume I had to include myself on the open register?

Anyway, let see how all this works out.
I'd imagine that with every subsequent month and wage that goes into the bank, my rating will increase.

The eligibility checker for credit card from my bank has me at 30% chance of getting one