IMC vs IOC for entry level jobs

Hello

I am a recent graduate with a 2:1 in Financial Economics and I am looking for an entry level investment job in London.

I have applied for 20-30 trade support or operations jobs and am not even reaching interview stages and although I have some international sport on my CV I think due to having 'only' a good degree with average A-levels and only a week experience compared to the year most applications are asking for.

I wanted something else to add to my CV to make me stand out a little. I would ideally like to work a couple years in operations or middle office then move to a front office role such as an investment analyst.

I was looking at doing either the Investment Management Certificate or the Investment Operations Certificate. Does anyone have any comparison of the two or any advice on which one I should do considering my circumstances outlined above or even if I should save the £550+ they cost and continue applying for junior or entry level roles.

Thanks
Adam

Imc

Hello

I am a recent graduate with a 2:1 in Financial Economics and I am looking for an entry level investment job in London.

I have applied for 20-30 trade support or operations jobs and am not even reaching interview stages and although I have some international sport on my CV I think due to having 'only' a good degree with average A-levels and only a week experience compared to the year most applications are asking for.

I wanted something else to add to my CV to make me stand out a little. I would ideally like to work a couple years in operations or middle office then move to a front office role such as an investment analyst.

I was looking at doing either the Investment Management Certificate or the Investment Operations Certificate. Does anyone have any comparison of the two or any advice on which one I should do considering my circumstances outlined above or even if I should save the £550+ they cost and continue applying for junior or entry level roles.

Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam,

I think the Investment Management Certificate is definitely better and greater currency in the job market. I recently passed the course myself and it has assisted me with my current investment role. Most entry level job adds ask for IMC qualification. Can be quite pricey as mentioned above but selling my old stuff for 80 quid on ebay that you might be interested in...

Please click here to bid if interested: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111259853493&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

Cheers,
Oliver.

Hi Adam,

I think the Investment Management Certificate is definitely better and greater currency in the job market. I recently passed the course myself and it has assisted me with my current investment role. Most entry level job adds ask for IMC qualification. Can be quite pricey as mentioned above but selling my old stuff for 80 quid on ebay that you might be interested in...

Please click here to bid if interested: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111259853493&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

Cheers,
Oliver.

Hi Oliver

Googled to find this post - very helpful...

I am looking for the Certificate Materials... is yours still valid for the upcoming exams? :)