I'm back

TheBramble

Legendary member
A little earlier than anticipated, but happy to be so all the same.

A lot of catching up on t2w to do it seems...

You lot have ben busy!!! Just hope there's as much useful, entertaining and educational material per pound-of-posts as there always was...

...on the other hand...I could always just cut my losses, mark 'em all read and start a new day tomorrow...

Good to be back.

TheBramble said:
A little earlier than anticipated, but happy to be so all the same.

A lot of catching up on t2w to do it seems...

You lot have ben busy!!! Just hope there's as much useful, entertaining and educational material per pound-of-posts as there always was...

...on the other hand...I could always just cut my losses, mark 'em all read and start a new day tomorrow...

Good to be back.

Thought it had been quiet. Socs going ape again in the nicest possible way.

Welcome back!

Hi Tony,
welcome back - as for your basement post, I think that's the $64m question rather... ;-)
Getting the mind set up to operate with it's mental faculties in place, but devoid of emotional baggage and barriers, is how I view it. The problem is that some of us get that bit hacked, burst into the sunny uplands, then flip a coin for the technical bit...

Thanks Dave.

But what if there were no 'sunny uplands' and no 'technical bits'...?

Just market action and your response?

Sunny uplands are an emotional response to an external (internal) state (of mind).

Take it away....

Technical bits are an internal state of mind - take that away.

What's left?

If you're grounded in Physics - take that away too - just for a moment....

Seriously. If you take everything (literally everything) away and looked afresh at a human being with no a priori constructs of what is or what should be. And you had no responsibility for them or their money (trading capital) - only the luxury of trading for them without any negative comeback...

That's the YOU you need to be looking at.

Teach you to go to Florida and have a damn fine time...welcome back yourself.

Not at all,
sunny uplands is where you go to have more money than you had before, this might well please you, but the location is just a location - it is your HP that ascribes the emotional response to being there. (Mine doesn't, I can also walk on rice paper without creasing it, and nick the pebble off Master Woo 9/10).
Never mind grasshopper <g>
I think you'll find that 'technical bit' is indeed required, to look at the candles and decide this is the entry point or the exit point is a dispassionate decision, it is still TA....
Florida was still there, you'll be pleased to know, sunny but with quite frequent thunderstorms to wash it all down. Saw Mickey, didn't program or trade..... I definitely needed the break!
Dave