IG quietly closed all my positions...

MrBrilliant

Here's something new: I just opened a bunch of positions, and a few minutes later, without any warning or notification whatsoever, IG closed all of them.

I called them up to ask why my positions disappeared, and they told me there was a problem with their price feed and they had to shut down all derivative trades on those instruments until they sorted it out.

I told them I entered into a trade with a price that they quoted, and they should honor that, but they wouldn't have it.

Imagine if I called them up and said I wanted to delete some of my trades because I miscalculated something!

I'm tired of getting screwed by IG, I'm going to start looking elsewhere...

It would be helpful if you give more details : which market ... etc . I bet these were binaries or options ?

Here's something new: I just opened a bunch of positions, and a few minutes later, without any warning or notification whatsoever, IG closed all of them.

I called them up to ask why my positions disappeared, and they told me there was a problem with their price feed and they had to shut down all derivative trades on those instruments until they sorted it out.

I told them I entered into a trade with a price that they quoted, and they should honor that, but they wouldn't have it.

Imagine if I called them up and said I wanted to delete some of my trades because I miscalculated something!

I'm tired of getting screwed by IG, I'm going to start looking elsewhere...

Don't they give you an online contract note? I save mine until the trade has closed, but that is another firm--not IG.

It was FX Binaries.

No, they don't give any online contracts as far as I know. Activity history shows the trades as "position deleted".

were the positions taken on a rouge price spike? if they were then they have a point, just as you would have the same point asking a stop to be reinstated.

Nope, no price spikes. They just said that their internal feed was getting the wrong prices on the underlying so they had to shut down all their derivative trades.

Nope, no price spikes. They just said that their internal feed was getting the wrong prices on the underlying so they had to shut down all their derivative trades.

If you can find a Broker that is 100% perfect 100% of the time let me know, it's part of doing business, like phoning a parts supplier and they are out of stock of an item you want, or the price of a part changes.....it happens, your strategy shouldn't be reliant on such an issue.

If you can find a Broker that is 100% perfect 100% of the time let me know, it's part of doing business, like phoning a parts supplier and they are out of stock of an item you want, or the price of a part changes.....it happens, your strategy shouldn't be reliant on such an issue.

If I phone up a parts supplier and they quote me a price and I put in an order, I would indeed have a right to be upset if they cancelled my order without notifying me, and then when I followed up told me they had to cancel my order because the price changed.

If I phone up a parts supplier and they quote me a price and I put in an order, I would indeed have a right to be upset if they cancelled my order without notifying me, and then when I followed up told me they had to cancel my order because the price changed.

Ok, it happens in business, 28 years owning an electronics company, it happened sometimes with my suppliers, Europe's largest, so you can be as upset as you like, it isn't going to change anything, change your strategy, if not die bleating about it.

Last week this site went down, BT internet fails, the cheque didn't clear, it rains, deal with it........:rolleyes:

Ok, it happens in business, 28 years owning an electronics company, it happened sometimes with my suppliers, Europe's largest, so you can be as upset as you like, it isn't going to change anything, change your strategy, if not die bleating about it.

Last week this site went down, BT internet fails, the cheque didn't clear, it rains, deal with it........:rolleyes:

I think you're being cvnty for the sake of being a cvnt, I'm sure your friends love you for that.

Everybody's strategy depends on positions that they open STAYING OPEN, it's impossible to trade otherwise. To close a position without any sort of notice of warning is a very bad business practice, and I don't care what happened to you in your parts supply business.

I reopened a similar trade later and still ended up making a profit. I'm just posting here to warn others about this.

"I think you're being cvnty for the sake of being a cvnt"

No, not at all, i'm being a cvnt, because your acting the soft ar5e.

"I think you're being cvnty for the sake of being a cvnt"

No, not at all, i'm being a cvnt, because your acting the soft ar5e.

Doesn't work buddy. In order to be proper cvnt, what you say has to make some sense; when you spew nonsense it just makes you look like a bitter fool.

Re-read the thread, then do it again, if you can't see the picture, then apply for a job at Micky D's.......trading isn't for you......:LOL:

Re-read the thread, then do it again, if you can't see the picture, then apply for a job at Micky D's.......trading isn't for you......:LOL:

Here is the picture:

I'm coming on here making a contribution, sharing my experiences, and you think you're going to be a hero by putting me down. You are neither special nor unique; every message board in the world has a few dozen internet tough guys like yourself.

You come here offering nothing other than negativity. You reveal your insecurities and inner weaknesses; you think that coming on here telling people they're weak makes you a tough guy.

Your responses are highly illogical and emotional. In my experience people that go around telling others to quit an endeavor are usually the ones that have failed at it. If anything, I feel bad for you.

I made a 1000% return on my investment in roughly 6 months. Maybe trading isn't for me, but so far it's been working.

"I made a 1000% return on my investment in roughly 6 months"

Say bye bye to your account.....Night night sweetheart.......:p

It only took you four post to destroy your own credibility, why am i replying, i find it amusing, i can almost read your thoughts, eventually, it's just a matter of time before you contribute to my new car.

Anyway, have fun blowing up, off for lunch..........tick tick tick.........boom.....:sleep:

It only took you four post to destroy your own credibility, why am i replying, i find it amusing, i can almost read your thoughts, eventually, it's just a matter of time before you contribute to my new car.

Anyway, have fun blowing up, off for lunch..........tick tick tick.........boom.....:sleep:

"He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind" -- Buddha

FX binaries = Their market , their prices ...

Yeah fair enough, I never complained about their prices; I'm trading at their prices.

But surely you can see that there is a problem when they close all your positions without telling you?