IG Markets platform trouble

Did you read my running long against a short on another timeframe? I think that explained it perfectly.

But again, that is not the point, but the software issue is (no matter if it is a good strategy or not).

did you read my post at the bottom of page 2?

and why are you so keen to avoid discussing this?

I think you basically know you're doing something a bit silly which is bad for your P&L but that you wish to continue doing so, as you aren't ready to confront the fragile mental state that prevents you from realising losses - and therefore negatively impacts your trading.

Avoiding discussing what?

That you think holding a swing long and catching smaller smaller shorts on a different timeframe is wrong? That has nothing to do with the software issue etc.

Please, If you don't mind, I would be happy to discuss the software issue with you if you know anything about it, but I would appreciate it if you could discuss the subject of this thread here.

Thanks.

your refusal to acknowledge or even discuss a fairly fundemental flaw in the way you are approaching your business doesn't speak very highly of its chances of success.

all the best though.

Shortsell,

My strategy has served me well. You may not like it, which is fine, but for some reason you seem unwilling to discuss the very subject of this thread, which is concerned with a software issue. You are totally ignoring the main point here.

Please post a different thread on what strategies you think is right or wrong, and I'll be happy to read about them there.

Best Regards.

I'm afraid that as i'm not a software programmer at IG, i'm not able to comment on the intricacies of IG's software.

given that the nature of your query surrounds the ability to be simultaneously long and short, i thought it would be interesting to hear (whilst you're waiting for an IG-employed programmer to turn up) whether there was a legitimite reason you were looking to **** money away.

but if you don't want to talk about that, enjoy the wait for your programmer, and good luck with your punting (y)

You need not be a software programmer at IG to contribute to the subject matter of this thread.

I also explained the different timeframes to you but I think I am beating a dead horse with you.

Be Well

ok. i addressed your timeframe point bottom of page 2, but as you are adamant that you want to carry on with this bizarre practice have this;

the mini and the regular contract don't net out against one another - if you regularly trade the standard ftse contract, 'hedging' using the mini means the trades definitely won't net out.

shortsell,

I will not comment your "bizarre" opinion on trading different timeframes on the same instrument, I hope you understand because we are not communicating on the same frequency.

As far as the emini and regular contract, that is correct, they won't net out.

However, it is still beside the point, the SAME contracts should not net out with the "Force Open" checked. And that is the issue of this thread. In the link I provided you can clearly read the manual and see that something is wrong (I have it all on video capture, and so does IG).

Last edited:
Joqqy
You should go long/short/short/long simultaneously to become the first person to trade a butterfly (and be flat) in the same instrument.

Joqqy
You should go long/short/short/long simultaneously to become the first person to trade a butterfly (and be flat) in the same instrument.

Hi bid_diddler,

Are you also missing the point of this thread? I don't think so.

You should really restrain from trolling when the idea pops up in your head, it's getting a bit old on forums.

Best Regards

Recently got an email from IG Markets saying that "your money is safe" since its kept in "segregated account".

Does anyone know whether the same applies for IG Index (SB)?

are there any news on this?

Hi Pferd,

Yes, IG refunded the trades recorded on the video, but refused to accept that as evidence for the intial reported erroneous trades that they wanted evidence for. When I reported the erroneous trades to them, they said they need evidence. When they got the evidence, the dissaproved it, but accepted it for the trade in the video.

Best Regards
Joqqy

Hi Pferd,

Yes, IG refunded the trades recorded on the video, but refused to accept that as evidence for the intial reported erroneous trades that they wanted evidence for. When I reported the erroneous trades to them, they said they need evidence. When they got the evidence, the dissaproved it, but accepted it for the trade in the video.

Best Regards
Joqqy

Not very good. I though they were more serious than that.

Not very good. I though they were more serious than that.

I thought so too, but there is always an option to take the case over to FOS, but unfortunately, when we sign the agreements, we can read very clearly that we can almost never be right, even though logic tells us differently.