IG Mobile dealing - anybody using this?

DaveT

I see IG Index are expanding the range of mobiles that can support their Mobile Dealing Application :

Now adding(beta-testing) Motorola V525, V80 and V3 Razr. Also Nokia 6260, 6600 and 7610.
I've researched the top-of-the-range Motorola V3 Razr, and am impressed with it's capabilities.

As I do not have access/use of mobile dealing facility at the moment, I would appreciate it if anybody with experience of the IG Mobile dealing platform (or indeed any of the aforementioned phones) could express their opinions.

Opinions anyone?

I only used the mobile dealing for binarybet and found it very limited, I would only use it if I had to rush out and needed to keep an eye on a position. I was using the Sony Erricison P900 which is okay. I think IG have upgraded the mobile platform since then, but not sure how.

adrian -

Thanks for reply.

The IG Index Home page contains a link to their Mobile Dealing info. page - which outlines the latest capabilities of the platform. It sounds pretty comprehenisve.

I would be interested in using the facility (mainly for position/account monitoring) in the following circumstances :

1) If , like you, I was called out/away unexpectedly during trading hours.

2) On holidays, outings or other engagements.

3) Working outside during the SUMMER MONTHS, when that golden orb in the sky beckons you outside, and you generally prefer NOT to be tied to a trading screen in a darkened room ALL day! :cool: :cool:

Hi Dave,

I have IG mobile dealing with my Sony Ericsson P900 - works very well. You get streaming prices to click on just like the web. You can view your positions and close a trade, etc. However, the version I have (v1.06) doesn't allow a stop loss order to be placed on a new position (if anyone is brave enough to take a new position without charts in front of them :)).

Similarly, this version doesn't allow an existing stop loss order to be modified, which would be useful for intraday trades when out & about. I've asked them about this and they said it was "in the pipeline".

It's a bit of a novelty really, but might be worth getting the software installed, if you have a compatible phone.

Steve

What are the costs involved ?
Can you look at charts with indicators ?
How reliable is the data ?

Mobile dealing is free with IG.

I've had no problems logging into the system using my mobile and the price feed/connection has always been reliable.

IG don't have charts, but GFT offer mobile dealing with charts (forex only):
http://www.gftforex.com/products/mobile/index.asp

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the insight, I am not very technically minded and would appreciate your help on a few questions.

What are the costs involved when going online ?
How do the networks charge?
What PDA or other device do you use and could possibly recommend?
Do you use the GFT trtading platform and how do you find it?

Many Thanks for your Help

Ray

adrianallen99 said:
It use to cost me between £7-£15 to use mobile dealing on my phone.

Hi,

How long were you online for? ANd which network did you use?

Thanks for your help

What are the costs involved when going online ?
How do the networks charge?
What PDA or other device do you use and could possibly recommend?
Do you use the GFT trtading platform and how do you find it?

Hi Scrappy

To get wireless internet access you need a GPRS account and the billing is per MB of data, so it's very cheap to stay connected as the data volumes are very low.

For mobile dealing, I've only used the Sony Ericsson P900 which is now around £120 from expansys.com (with a Vodafone connection - & Vodafone's GPRS network is very good).

I don't have a live account with GFT, so I can't help with that query.

Steve

For public info,

If you plan to trade US equities/options market on the go (mobile) using your phone, I suggest you use thinkorswim's thinkpod mobile platform. It supports variety of orders and support virtual trading also