IG Metatrader

Prorealtime

automated trading strategies (coming soon) (y)

Compare IG's Trading Platforms
If they were coming with MT5 I might have been interested. The MT4 authorization with its old coding is way too slow resulting in long execution time, and even with a VPS you will not get surpass this fact. MT5 and the even faster cTrader is the way to go for fast execution platforms.

If they were coming with MT5 I might have been interested. The MT4 authorization with its old coding is way too slow resulting in long execution time, and even with a VPS you will not get surpass this fact. MT5 and the even faster cTrader is the way to go for fast execution platforms.

I totally agree with you! After 2 years with mt4 i am happy I switched to ctrader. Execution time on mt4 is just tragic.

There aren't any SB providers offering MT5, are there?

I'm getting the impression that (in the world of spread-betting anyway), the pragmatic choice is MT4 (if you want or need custom indicators or those not offered by the proprietary platform) for making your analysis & trade decisions, but use your provider's proprietary platform for execution.

(That's assuming you don't use EA's, of course).

Must admit I've never felt comfortable using MT4 for execution.

Am I correct in thinking that cTrader is only offered by kosher Forex dealers, and not spread-betting providers? (at the moment, anyway?)