Metatrader 5 -brokers - disadvantages

Hi miranon,
I'm on build 298. How about you?

I'm on build 294. :) You are right, they are updating the new terminal very frequently, so i can imagine that brokers who offer MT5 have much older versions than the version from Metaquotes.

I like MT5, especially the new timeframes and the tester ( only bad thing is the lack of MT5 DDE server for external tick history ). I also like MQL5. The only disadvantage is the hedging prohibition, but we cannot blame Metaquotes for this, they only followed the NFA regulation. (n)

I like MT5, especially the new timeframes and the tester ( only bad thing is the lack of MT5 DDE server for external tick history ). I also like MQL5. The only disadvantage is the hedging prohibition.

If you read back earlier in this thread you will discover that I think lack of "hedging" is in fact an advantage.

Mind you who am I to argue if people want to p1ss (sorry pour) their hard earned moolah down the pan?

OnTrade function works correctly in new builds. Maybe something is wrong with Your code? some people concern about hedging, but i think that this is not a disadvantage - this is real trading!

Hi Kalamoiskii,

OnTrade function works correctly in new builds. Maybe something is wrong with Your code?

As far as I can see OnTrade() is still as broken as ever. Here's an extract from the latest MQL5 reference:

"If the user remembers the ticket value, during OnTrade() event handling he/she will be able to find out what happened to the order using this value."

The user shouldn't have to "remember the ticket value". OnTrade() should tell them.

Some people concern about hedging, but i think that this is not a disadvantage - this is real trading!

"Hedging" is a waste of money (IMHO!):

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...der-5-brokers-disadvantages-4.html#post952062

Jim

I'm just comfortable with the regular MT4 platform :p

l.jpg
in.jpg
c.jpg
mr.jpg
a.jpg
e.jpg
ms.jpg