IG Markets ProRealTime

Andrewt84

Hi

Does anyone use IG ProRealTime? is it good or bad? does it work well with trading stocks?

Cheers
Andrew

I sometimes use EOD stock data for prorealtime (it's free) but not the IG version, which is intraday.
Probably the best software I've seen for charting. But since I often have to trade away from my home computer, I use Tradingview a lot.

Hi

Does anyone use IG ProRealTime? is it good or bad? does it work well with trading stocks?

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew, I use Pro real time through IG, can't say I've ever had a problem with their charting facilities. I primarily day trade, but also run my SIPP and use IG's charts to make assist me in making and monitoring my investments.

Regards, Rob

Hi Andrew, I use Pro real time through IG, can't say I've ever had a problem with their charting facilities. I primarily day trade, but also run my SIPP and use IG's charts to make assist me in making and monitoring my investments.

Regards, Rob

I do and can highly recommend it. But you have to be a bit careful with your PC, they recommend to use it with Google Chrome and it is important to have good RAM memory.

Otherwise you can have minor problems, ie after opening a lot of charts, the drawing facilities (lines, Fibonaccis, etc) either don't work anymore or at the time of closing the platform you are not able to save your work.

Apart from that, I can not remember any problems in more than two years I have been using it. Just one more point, it cost 30,- EUR a month for the basic package (forex + indexes) but you get it for free if you do more than four trades a month. Make sure you cancel the subscription if you are planning to go on holidays or not trading for a while. The money goes out the first day of the month and you don't get it back if you cancel the subscription during that month. The cancellation is only valid for the following month.

If you want to use it concretly for shares, you have to pay the the add-ons (DAX, S&P, etc) as well. You can look at the prices and trading conditions (number of trades to get it free) on your account settngs, but if I remember correctly it is around 20,- EUR a month for DAX shares (check because some are included already in the main package - Lufthansa for example). Then it was 5,- EUR for IBEX shares and 1,- EUR for each Nasdaq, S&P and Dow. But better you check the current prices on the site. They have a nice table there with all the information.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I do and can highly recommend it. But you have to be a bit careful with your PC, they recommend to use it with Google Chrome and it is important to have good RAM memory.

Apart from that, I can not remember any problems in more than two years I have been using it. Just one more point, it cost 30,- EUR a month for the basic package (forex + indexes) but you get it for free if you do more than four trades a month. Make sure you cancel the subscription if you are planning to go on holidays or not trading for a while. The money goes out the first day of the month and you don't get it back if you cancel the subscription during that month. The cancellation is only valid for the following month.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I've seen something on their site about getting the prorealtime premium for the same price (same spreads, etc) but you get free coding too.

https://trading.prorealtime.com/en/brokerage/cfd-forex-trading

I haven't taken the leap yet, but I spoke to one guy at IG, and he said it was possible. I called back for more information a bit later, and the second guy didn't know anything about it! :confused:

Has anyone else tried this yet?

Hi,

I've seen something on their site about getting the prorealtime premium for the same price (same spreads, etc) but you get free coding too.

https://trading.prorealtime.com/en/brokerage/cfd-forex-trading

I haven't taken the leap yet, but I spoke to one guy at IG, and he said it was possible. I called back for more information a bit later, and the second guy didn't know anything about it! :confused:

Has anyone else tried this yet?

I had a look, but did not pursue it any further as was not interesting for me because of personal reasons (I can check the charts myself 24 hours a day if I want, as I am very lucky and hardly go out of my house/office. And when I have to go out is always preplanned, so I make sure does not interfere with anything else).

It looks alright and easier to use, but I am under the impression that it would be more suitable for people who can not keep an eye on the screens frequently. You can design your own strategies and leave them "working for you" while you are not at your PC. Or you can copy strategies from somebody else and use them.

You can activate this service going to "your account" then "settings" and then activate "Pro Order in Pro Real Time". It is indeed included in the price of the charts (so far).

There are two PDF guides with instructions. One short version and one full version. I believe they are available through their website. Otherwise ask for it, I got mine via e-mail.

Hi

Cheers
Andrew

I use it and it’s the best I have found so far. I can trade through the charts and have all the technical indicators I can find

How do you get pro-real time working through IG? I see you activate it through settings but do you then have to go via the pro-real time website to login etc?

Regards

Dean

How do you get pro-real time working through IG? I see you activate it through settings but do you then have to go via the pro-real time website to login etc?

Regards

Dean

In the IG main screen (I am looking at a CFD account, not a spread betting account), click on the little arrow by the security (EUR/USD, DAX, FTSE, etc). There you have several options in the drop down menu, (Ticket, Open Order, Insight, etc) Pro Real Time is the fifth one from the top. Just click on it and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps!

Ah I see it! Thanks.

Presumably PRT will work just the same as it would without the IG connection i.e. IG will forward me to PRT. Guess I need to take the plung and have a go at it!

Hi,

If anybody use prorealtime software please help me to scan these two conditions using prorealtime scanner

1) stocks moved 6% from previous close (c/c1 >=1.06)
2) stocks trading narrow range between 2% to 2% (EOD)

I appreciate your response

Thanks

Hi,

If anybody use prorealtime software please help me to scan these two conditions using prorealtime scanner

1) stocks moved 6% from previous close (c/c1 >=1.06)
2) stocks trading narrow range between 2% to -2% (EOD)

I appreciate your response

Thanks

I have been using ProRealTime for some time now and find it very useful and have so far been getting it free as I have been surpassing IGs minimum of 4 trades per month.

From IG site:
"You can get access to ProRealTime charts at no extra cost if you transact at least four times in a given month. Otherwise there is a £30 per month fee."

I have recently been notified by IG that they will be starting to charge me the £30 PM as according to them "your current trading volumes, even though they have increased, are not sufficient for us to continue offering this advanced platform for free."

I have been making in excess of 30 trades per month but this according to IG is not enough. They mention nothing about a minimum trade size on their site. I do though only have a small account of around £5k so my trade bet size per point is small.

Has anyone had the same from IG as I have.

Yes, I had a similar message. I've only deposited the minimum with IG and I've been doing 4 small trades a month just to keep PRT free, so I can see where they are coming from. On the other hand I was planning to put more money in and increase my trade size. I think PRT is great so I'll probably pay for it for a few months and try to find the time to trade much more.

I'm surprised you got the message if you've got £5k with them and do 30 trades per month. I tried to get them to say what a suitable level of trading would be to get free PRT, but they wouldn't commit themselves.