IG market or IG index?

Hi Tar,
Thanks for your reply. I am not gonna go bigger size over £1000 at the moment . But I have been wondering how does the DMA advantage offered by CFD gonna make a difference?

Regards
Gob00st

If it is CFD OTC then it is like SB , if it is DMA then it is directly in the market but the position will be in the name of IG , which market exactly u want i will give u more information ? FTSE , stocks , oil ?

If it is CFD OTC then it is like SB , if it is DMA then it is directly in the market but the position will be in the name of IG , which market exactly u want i will give u more information ? FTSE , stocks , oil ?

Yea, that would be helpful.
What is the biggest advantage of DMA? Direct market access could potentially let me make more accurate stop loss etc?
I am more interested in indices like FTSE, DOW at the moment.

Thanks
GOb00st

Yea, that would be helpful.
What is the biggest advantage of DMA? Direct market access could potentially let me make more accurate stop loss etc?
I am more interested in indices like FTSE, DOW at the moment.

Thanks
GOb00st

Regarding FTSE and DOW IG offers DMA through there L2Dealer software but the minimum size is 10 lot if u want to do DMA through IG ( FTSE 10 lot = 100 pound per point , Dow 10 lot = 50 $ per point ) and the commission is high if u compare it with real brokers like interactivebrokers , Globalfutures ... etc , the spread will be 0.5 - 1 point on the FTSE most of the time and you can join the BID or the OFFER for example if the FTSE is now 5200/5201 u can put buy order inbetween at 5200.5 , and this will be reflected in the real market like this 5200.5/5201 , maybe someone will take your order directly , and regarding stoplosses with DMA there is no guarantee if the market gaps over your stop there will be some slippage ( around news time and volatile moves ) .
Anyway if u want DMA then go with real brokers like IB and Globalfutures and others as well , they will alllow 1 lot trades and the commission is lower than IG , but u need at least 10 K , less than that it will be risky , so if u want to start with 1 k go SB or normal CFD so u can rade mini contracts , u can open 2 accounts IGINDEX , IGMARKETS and u can transfer the funds between both accounts . If u trade UK shares and US shares IGINDEX allows lowers stake ( 1 pound per point for UK shares , 0.36 cent for US )

Attachments

• Ftse.jpg
    Ftse.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 814
Regarding FTSE and DOW IG offers DMA through there L2Dealer software but the minimum size is 10 lot if u want to do DMA through IG ( FTSE 10 lot = 100 pound per point , Dow 10 lot = 50 $ per point ) and the commission is high if u compare it with real brokers like interactivebrokers , Globalfutures ... etc , the spread will be 0.5 - 1 point on the FTSE most of the time and you can join the BID or the OFFER for example if the FTSE is now 5200/5201 u can put buy order inbetween at 5200.5 , and this will be reflected in the real market like this 5200.5/5201 , maybe someone will take your order directly , and regarding stoplosses with DMA there is no guarantee if the market gaps over your stop there will be some slippage ( around news time and volatile moves ) .
Anyway if u want DMA then go with real brokers like IB and Globalfutures and others as well , they will alllow 1 lot trades and the commission is lower than IG , but u need at least 10 K , less than that it will be risky , so if u want to start with 1 k go SB or normal CFD so u can rade mini contracts , u can open 2 accounts IGINDEX , IGMARKETS and u can transfer the funds between both accounts . If u trade UK shares and US shares IGINDEX allows lowers stake ( 1 pound per point for UK shares , 0.36 cent for US )

Hi Tar,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. It sounds even with IG DMA, it's quite risky because even with its mini account, it still means 2*100 = 200 pounds per point!
If I opt to real brokers like IB, it would need a lot deposit like at least 10 to 15K.
So it seems the only choice I have got at the moment is the IG Index ?

Cheers
Gob00st

Hi Tar,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. It sounds even with IG DMA, it's quite risky because even with its mini account, it still means 2*100 = 200 pounds per point!
If I opt to real brokers like IB, it would need a lot deposit like at least 10 to 15K.
So it seems the only choice I have got at the moment is the IG Index ?

Cheers
Gob00st
no the mini FTSE with IGmarkets is 2 pound per point and 1 pound per point for the Dow but this is not real DMA it is normal CFD like SB ...

no the mini FTSE with IGmarkets is 2 pound per point and 1 pound per point for the Dow but this is not real DMA it is normal CFD like SB ...

Hi tar,
Thanks for your clarification. Is there a minimum deposit that I need to pay for igmarket CFD ?
Regards,
gob00st

no , but i think 1000 pound to activate DMA stocks