Ig index vs inter trader

chetalien

I'm currently using IG index- looking at Inter trader for Spread betting which has good offers.
Also notice Inter trader have lower spreads. any ideas guys. what do you recommend?

Glad you are considering InterTrader

Hello Cetalien,

Happy to hear you took an interest in our services. Our aim is indeed to provide the best-value trading package. We keep our standards up while maintaining our low spreads. We also have low margin rates, wide range of spread betting markets. We also a great TradeBack program so you always get a little extra back. :) Please contact us on live chat or by email if you have any questions. Remember all trading involves risk and losses can exceed your deposits. Happy trading!

Regards,

The InterTrader Team

I'm currently using IG index- looking at Inter trader for Spread betting which has good offers.
Also notice Inter trader have lower spreads. any ideas guys. what do you recommend?

What are you looking to trade? Have you thought about CFDs where you’ll get even tighter spreads?

Intertrader is just a white label of Capital Spreads i.e. CRAP!!

If you wouldn't trade with Capital Spreads but would with Intertrader, you have no common sense.

On the point of lucas king then possibly the spreadbetting arena will become a very interesting space over the coming few years I already know that one of the companies you talk about here, so a major spreadbetting company, is not putting any development funds into their spreadbetting operation but developing their forex/cfd platform. The house of lords had a major debate on spreadbetting only a few months ago and pressure is mounting to make it taxable earnings and I think Uk spreadbetting companies are sensing this. Australia are already leading the way and its now classed the same as normal trading from a tax standpoint, how long before it comes here. So does spreadbetting have a limited life therefore looking at other options as lucas king says may be a way to go chetalien.

On the point of lucas king then possibly the spreadbetting arena will become a very interesting space over the coming few years I already know that one of the companies you talk about here, so a major spreadbetting company, is not putting any development funds into their spreadbetting operation but developing their forex/cfd platform. The house of lords had a major debate on spreadbetting only a few months ago and pressure is mounting to make it taxable earnings and I think Uk spreadbetting companies are sensing this. Australia are already leading the way and its now classed the same as normal trading from a tax standpoint, how long before it comes here. So does spreadbetting have a limited life therefore looking at other options as lucas king says may be a way to go chetalien.

Personally I cannot see this happening

Any type of gambling were over 75% of the customers lose money would not be worth while for the government to tax the "winners" and then have to allow the majority to claim tax rebates from their losses off the normal income from their jobs etc etc.

Obviously - rules and regulations can be changed - but any sensible government will not want to end up taxing something to end up after the cost of implication having a negative net return.

I cannot see the day coming whereby 40 -50% of traders make consistent returns etc etc - so why it remains as it is today - I am sure the government as far more important issues to deal with

Only my opinion and of course if Labour get in the power later on this year - i reckon they will look at taxing everything - not just gambling - but sex / exercise / breathing etc etc ;-)

Regards

F

Hi F
I realise this is a huge debate on its own and i have to be mindful as a new member not to go off the thread reason so dont want to use this for that discussion. I was just thinking of the thread starters comments and wanted him to at least consider what lucas king was suggesting. Since black thursday regulations especially in the UK and brokers thinking have changed dramatically so nothing will surprise me now.