IG Index Charts

Im confused, Im pretty new to spread betting and I was using big charts.com for my chart information.

I am now thinking of using iG index real time charts as I am currently using them to deal through, but as other people have mentioned their data through charting is slightly different to the actual market.

Can anyone please guide me on this one?

Can

Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows how to convert Metatrader EAs to Prorealtime (IGindex platform)?

Is there a software to convert Metatrader (MQL4) (I think is similar to C++) to Prorealtime (Visual Basic)?

Please let me know

Im confused, Im pretty new to spread betting and I was using big charts.com for my chart information.

I am now thinking of using iG index real time charts as I am currently using them to deal through, but as other people have mentioned their data through charting is slightly different to the actual market.
Can anyone please guide me on this one?

Can

Sigh...OK, here's a suggestion, run an 'FXCM marketscope chart' on, for example, cable alongside IG's charts. Come back to us and let's know the difference in actual (supposed) market price.
I'll give you a heads up, when cable is 1.6705 on FXCM's charts it's 1.6710 on IG, that fractional pip difference aint gonna skew your trading too much is it? :)

Sigh...OK, here's a suggestion, run an 'FXCM marketscope chart' on, for example, cable alongside IG's charts. Come back to us and let's know the difference in actual (supposed) market price.
I'll give you a heads up, when cable is 1.6705 on FXCM's charts it's 1.6710 on IG, that fractional pip difference aint gonna skew your trading too much is it? :)

Thanks for that I did a little comparison test myself and figured this out before, but thanks for the reply. Its good to know that somebody out there had a read of what I posted lol.

p.s I have been using IG's charting software for a week now, and im pretty impressed with it.

Don't you have to pay £30 to use their pro/advanced charts ? Is there such a thing as an EA for the IG platform then ?

I'm getting MetaTrader setup with Alpari for auto-scalping, but I'd rather not pay 18% CGT if I could do the same thing through IG. I could write a screen scraper to do it through their iphone interface but it might be a bit flakey so would rather they had a proper facility.

Don't you have to pay £30 to use their pro/advanced charts ? Is there such a thing as an EA for the IG platform then ?

I'm getting MetaTrader setup with Alpari for auto-scalping, but I'd rather not pay 18% CGT if I could do the same thing through IG. I could write a screen scraper to do it through their iphone interface but it might be a bit flakey so would rather they had a proper facility.

The way the charging works is once you select the opten to deal with IG's advanced charts then they will debit your account with £30, however if you then make one open and close trade a month then IG will credit your account back. If however you do not make a trade for a month then you will be debited £30.

Nope to the best of my knowledge there's no EA with IG...
Alpari, really warming to them tbh...