IG for forex

darrenf

481 3
Does anyone have experience of using IG (spreadbet) for fx trading.

I have been looking at them closely as they now offer mobile dealing (via p900 and soon XDA2) which for me is a really valuable feature.

Aside from slightly wider spot spreads compared to d4f (generally 2 pips more) does anyone have any feedack either positive or negative?

My trades generally last 1 to 3 days so wider spread is not a major concern for the benefit (to me) of having PDA dealing.

carolinesimba

1 0
i haven't used but i'm thinking of using it but the issue of delayed execution of trades especially if the trade is ahigh value say a 1000 pounds a point is scaring me.take for instance the release of february us employment data the GBP/USd was flat 5 minutes later after the release of the numbers which were poor anywa y it rallied to about 240 points .if i had put in a 5000 pounds a point long orrder on the GBP/USd was ig going to accept the trade or not or in the worst case scenario refuse the trade coz obviously their spread aside one could ahve made a cool 1.25 million pounds but question is was ifg oing to accpept that or not

Delmonico

25 0
The experience I had of trading with IG was that there can be quite a wait to get fill confirmation and indeed sometimes, the egg timer was showing for nearly a minute. Also the platform has crashed on me while also taking down any other pages I had open.

darrenf

481 3
take for instance the release of february us employment data the GBP/USd was flat 5 minutes later after the release of the numbers which were poor anywa y it rallied to about 240 points .if i had put in a 5000 pounds a point long orrder on the GBP/USd was ig going to accept the trade or not or in the worst case scenario refuse the trade coz obviously their spread aside one could ahve made a cool 1.25 million pounds but question is was ifg oing to accpept that or not

To be fair, I think you would have had a problem getting a £5 per point order filled at that particular time, let alone £5000!!. I doubt any SB co, or even fx/ futures broker would be able to give an instant, on line fill for that amount at a quiet time, let alone extremely volatile moments as that time was.

I think it will be a fair old while til I get to trading £5k per point!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock