IG Binary Revenues Up

This also explains why some of the markets seem to be very close to IG, whilst others are not as well correlated - on the well-correlated ones, it may be the case that IG are the only component in the weighted average.

has anyone on here made decent money out of binaries and if so has the binary company clamped down on your trades?

I recall someone posting that for 2005 and 2006 he did really well and IG sent him champagne for Christmas pressies...

has anyone on here made decent money out of binaries and if so has the binary company clamped down on your trades?

Yeah they are cheats.
There was period when my system was in perfect sync with market and i was printing money day after day for weeks.

So BB put me on manual trades and i started to experience a high percentage of bet rejections, they would just move the price against me, if i wanted to buy at say 80 they would reject me and immediately move the price to 85..

This effectively ended my trading with them.

There was period when my system was in perfect sync with market and i was printing money day after day for weeks.

What amounts of money are we talking about ? If you can be more specific..thanks

What amounts of money are we talking about ? If you can be more specific..thanks

Thousands a day...

I would think most punters are happy making a few hundred a day and they dont need worry about being banned etc

All good winning streaks eventually come to an end, and they started playing these games around the time i would have stopped making this kind of money anyway. But they just couldnt handle someone making large amounts of money and withdrawing it on a regular basis..

Last edited:
I recall someone posting that for 2005 and 2006 he did really well and IG sent him champagne for Christmas pressies...

Yep that was me........ in 2006 i worked on a system of securing approx £200 a dat by doing 20 mins and hourly ftse.

Although i didnt reach that target on but still the binary part I made about 25k. I stopped as
1) it really did my eyes and i ended up with headaches 2-3 days a week.
2) lost my discipline and lost about 5k in early 2007,

However I am thinking of starting that methodology all over again as although I am finding normal trading less stressful but very difficult to make more than 20% a year (am monitoring my performance since 1 sep 2007 and am up 6%, not even on target for 20%!). It would be ok if i had a cpital of 1 million but I dont. My capital is £10k!!!

Thousands a day...

I would think most punters are happy making a few hundred a day and they dont need worry about being banned etc

All good winning streaks eventually come to an end, and they started playing these games around the time i would have stopped making this kind of money anyway. But they just couldnt handle someone making large amounts of money and withdrawing it on a regular basis..

" they just couldnt handle someone making large amounts of money and withdrawing it on a regular basis "....

who is " they " exactly..? :confused:

and they are just a subsidiary of IG MARKETS.......... !! - they will work ANY order of ANY size......!!

A N Y S I Z E ......... !!

This thread was started in relation to IG binary bets. We are talking about binary bets, for a start the max bet size is £100 a point for IG/BB binaries not A N Y S I Z E. And even then consistent winners will be blocked from betting at anything remotely near £100 a point..

Binaries are an unhedged/unhedgeable product... That means the bookies must trade against you.

If you consistently make big money on binaries they will take steps to cap your profitability..

Last edited:
Binary Bet help desk told me: there is no maximum size but we r good @ 100 pound / point .