If you were to start a 5 company portfolio.

Ranger07

Hi folks,

If you were add 5 companies to your portfolio today what companies would you choose?, Not with day trading in mind just a buy to hold for the next few years.

At the moment I am doing ok with these as I bought them at the right time-

BLT
BP.
CNE
GRG
VOD

Should I buy more of the above or spread it over another 5 companies?

buying stocks is risk managment and timing, personally i would try to spread the risk. take rbs or northern rock for example. personally if i was buying in the FTSE100 id look at KAZ, EMG, AAL, LAND. However saying that the FTSE 10o wont make you rich. The real money i believe will come from the AIM market. if you want to do some research look into Norseman Gold or ENK (european Nickel). You will see what i mean. Good Luck anyway :)

Hi folks,

If you were add 5 companies to your portfolio today what companies would you choose?, Not with day trading in mind just a buy to hold for the next few years.

At the moment I am doing ok with these as I bought them at the right time-

BLT
BP.
CNE
GRG
VOD

Should I buy more of the above or spread it over another 5 companies?

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet see here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/equ...trategy-longer-term-investors.html#post656394

recommending individual stocks rather than a methodology is a bit like the old 'give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime' proverb. Even if you don't like what I've written in the thread above you're still better looking for a strategy rather than stock tips.

formulas are for comfort. if you win your a god, if you lose your stupid. simple and plain.,im sure all the investment banks has a formula. Its simple common sense. I could tell someone how to pick stocks but why should i? its a bit like when my brother taught me how to play poker. He knows how to win yet because the information was pass down i didnt value it even though it was true and would have prob made me money. All i would say is if you read from books than know that others are reading it too. The orginal question if you read it was not related to a methodolgy or a winning system so you are blowing your own trumpet as this was not a post for advertsing your blog. Thanks for the forumla anyway, im sure it will help someone somewhere.

p.s. what i have done is not recommended stocks. if you do your research on norseman you will see why its a sound investment, without blowing my own trumpet the forumla is in the research ; ) as the expression goes, you can take a horse to water , but cant make it drink.