IF there was a Q4 2021 or Early 2022 Crash?

Yanezez

Hello all,

I am not expert enough to even date to say what is going to happen. So I listen to the experts and some have stated that there will be a significant correction Q42021 or Early 2022. However, some have even mentioned the possibility of a crash 'ala 2007/8'.

My question is, apart from VIX'es and those sort of instruments, which stocks or ETFs would you recommend to not necessarily hedge, but continue growing during these times?

Thank you all

A good place to start would be to flick through historical data around 2007/8 and perhaps other crashes and see which sectors or ETFs stayed stable if any. Pretty muxh most stocks will be pulled down by any crash but obviously some more than others. Doing a sector analysis will help you to determine the strength of the strong/weak sectors.

If you fear a crash I suggest you a Dalio portfolio.
Volartility will be much lower but also annualized return.

Hello all,

I am not expert enough to even date to say what is going to happen. So I listen to the experts and some have stated that there will be a significant correction Q42021 or Early 2022. However, some have even mentioned the possibility of a crash 'ala 2007/8'.

My question is, apart from VIX'es and those sort of instruments, which stocks or ETFs would you recommend to not necessarily hedge, but continue growing during these times?

Thank you all

I would assume everything gets hit in a broad market crash.
So being in cash for that event would be best.
Though we don't have a crystal ball, so timing it would be impossible to do with any high degree of accuracy.

Then dollar cost average back in when you believe the decline is nearing the end.

What to buy?
That depends on you and your profile.

I personally would be buying commodities/energy

EDIT: The longer your investment horizon, the less a market crash matters to your portfolio