If Iceland goes bankrupt

arabianights

Legendary member
How would one go about buying it? I'll take it off their hands for fifty quid and I'll even let the natives carry on living there.

This is a serious proposition.

On a lighter note, these came over IRC while the SPI was pushing -6% for the day (and what a glorious day it has been):

CEO --Chief Embezzlement Officer.
CFO-- Corporate Fraud Officer.
BULL MARKET -- A random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.
BEAR MARKET -- A 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry, and the husband gets no sex.
VALUE INVESTING -- The art of buying low and selling lower.
P/E RATIO -- The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.
BROKER -- What my broker has made me.
STANDARD & POOR -- Your life in a nutshell.
STOCK ANALYST -- Idiot who just downgraded your stock.
STOCK SPLIT -- When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets equally between themselves.
FINANCIAL PLANNER -- A guy whose phone has been disconnected.
MARKET CORRECTION -- The day after you buy stocks.
CASH FLOW-- The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.
YAHOO -- What you yell after selling it to some poor sucker for $240 per share.
WINDOWS -- What you jump out of when you're the sucker who bought Potash @ $240 per share.
INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR -- Past year investor who's now locked up in a nuthouse.
PROFIT -- An archaic word no longer in use.

If Iceland goes bankrupt, i may have to reconsider my decision to move here. I might head for Miami Beach for a few months.
Good thing about Iceland though is the long winter months. Nothing else to do except scr*w like rabbits!

If Iceland goes bankrupt, i may have to reconsider my decision to move here. I might head for Miami Beach for a few months.
Good thing about Iceland though is the long winter months. Nothing else to do except scr*w like rabbits!

You could always come to Thailand... after the government is replaced of course... iceland sounds too cold to me....

1 question though... is everything 2 for the price of 1 in iceland ?

:LOL:

You could always come to Thailand... after the government is replaced of course... iceland sounds too cold to me....

In Thailand the government has always just been replaced !

Somchai - 2 months max...

Ive been exposed :eek: I do actually live in a cardboard box in the loading bay at "my local" Iceland store!

The shop sells mainly **** food tbh. Too much batter, breadcrumbs, cheese etc. Cheaper milk than elsewhere though.....

If Iceland goes bankrupt, I shall just go to Aldi or Lidl !

Reactions: BSD
'Welcome to Thailand'
.. hmmmm

Is that Icelandic for 'My money's in Premium Bonds' :?:

Last edited:
On another note, looks like Philip Green is doing just that - attempting to fill his boots with some of Baugur's UK High street chains. Good timing :)

Normbeef, I wouldn't trust and follow these so-called gurus any more than I would believe anything a bank "analyst" says... no one working today was also working through an analagous period and I think these guys will more likely than not resemble the old typewriting monkeys.

With the exception of Alan Sugar, who has brilliantly bought some Woolworths in a stunning move of genius.

Normbeef, I wouldn't trust and follow these so-called gurus any more than I would believe anything a bank "analyst" says... no one working today was also working through an analagous period and I think these guys will more likely than not resemble the old typewriting monkeys.

With the exception of Alan Sugar, who has brilliantly bought some Woolworths in a stunning move of genius.

Agreed mate.. i would rather listen to my mum than that shower.. :confused:

I suppose for me it comes down to the "ONLY" factor I am really sure of, which is when does the next cycle of greed start.

For me all market economies are inherently flawed, and if its the END this time round, then I wont care if I loose all my money anyway as I will have bigger things to worry about like food and shelter and safety...