IEA Inventory/Weekly report

ramo88

34 1
hi everyone, there is a weekly release by the IEA every wednesday at 3.30pm (GMT) to do with oil inventories.

I have been on their website but can't find it, can anyone give me a link or in general more info on what this IEA release is about?

rsh01

Experienced member
1,184 299
Are you sure you don't mean the EIA - which is the US fudged, I mean, independent energy info administration stats on crude light inventories?

IEA is international (brent crude) and I believe they meet bi annually with respect to oil supply releases and this can royally (love the queen) move the numbers - whether it be outrights, spreads, cal spreads.

The US weekly figs were inconsequential with respect to cal spreads I traded, but there was some movement on the outrights also.

The weekly figs are available realtime (almost) on the plethora of info sites/sources eg ransquawk et al, otherwise check the EIA website.

ramo88

34 1
Are you sure you don't mean the EIA - which is the US fudged, I mean, independent energy info administration stats on crude light inventories?

IEA is international (brent crude) and I believe they meet bi annually with respect to oil supply releases and this can royally (love the queen) move the numbers - whether it be outrights, spreads, cal spreads.

The US weekly figs were inconsequential with respect to cal spreads I traded, but there was some movement on the outrights also.

The weekly figs are available realtime (almost) on the plethora of info sites/sources eg ransquawk et al, otherwise check the EIA website.
yes thats EIA, not IEA!!! thanks