ICE - Iceland

cookie

248 1
" ....worst it can go is 180...."

Can't resist it Riz !!

LOL - LOL - LOL

...by the way thanks for SGE last week in Chatroom - sold at 391 for nice £800 profit.

You see he is usually right folks.

ICE - 150 can it go any lower ????

Usually a nice little earner these ones - traded PON last 2 days 215 - 244.

Wait for positive action first.

Good Luck

Cookie

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Well well well... this is certainly turned out to be full of lessons to learn as our Cookie and Uncle rightly said...only the lesson is not only that it is full of danger and bad surprises out there...as that we all already know...but still keep going there..so only learning that is not good enough, we should also learn how to protect ourselves from the danger or at least minimize the damage...with ICE and the sort in particular without such skills the damage is maximum...

As for me, I only watched and made comments about ICE till this morning, but determined to get in at the first sign of reversal (because companies like ICE, BA.,etc. are not the kind to write off easily, like some hyped dotcoms)..anyway this morning I watched going up sharply from 156..at 164 decided to get in and ride them all the way up to 172..then with the second profit warning and resignation, etc. it started to fall down like a shooting star...I waited till they hit my entry point of 164 and got out before they went all the way down to 146...then up to 159..flat around that level..another fall to 148 ending the session at 149...

So where from here? I'll certainly be watching them for a recovery and I am sure they will..analysts of course come up with contradictory results as it often is the case...WestLB Panmure continues to rate the stock as a “sell” down to 100p....while Credit Lyonnais Securities still regarding the stock as a “long-term buy for the brave...

rizgar

shelman

439 1
Cookie...will you please stop bouncing up and down and Riz,what can i say, your posts are a credit, thank you.
As for iceland, i'm watching and waiting. i'm convinced a bid will come in...the times right, the sentiments right and the monies in the right place...Iceland will not exist on its own for much longer...imho...of course.
Steve

Uncle

Established member
671 2
Candlestick Chart

Today a doji star occurred: this often signals a reversal with confirmation occurring on the next bar.

However with the RSI at 9.315 and the Williams at -98.19 this shows weakness. My Stochastic and CMO show a small positive move with a likely cross-over should the price rise tomorrow.

CAUTION is still the watchword though..........so dont go rushing in till there is something really positive to go for.

Meanwhile I watch and wait

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Steve, thanks...

Cookie, I am glad you made something out of SGE..I am sure we'll make much more by sticking together..

cheers

rizgar

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
the 180 level..

There we go...up about 17 in 2 days after bouncing up from 145...still heading up...I am still with my 180 bottom call..though it was broken earlier this week...I think ICE will soon be trading with 180 being the bottom of its trade range...got in and out 3 times so far by the way...making profit out of the last 2 occassions...good luck for those of us who got in early and still holding..

rizgar

Madog

37 0
Is it just my optimistic wishes or is the Iceland chart starting to look interesting for a slight recovery, similar to the Matalan chart price graph? At these levels I fancy taking a gamble. Opinions please

Regards

Madog

Uncle

Established member
671 2
For info I got out at 159 for a small profit after charges, and as for going back in.............until some strength is shown, not for me. Aklthough the Stochastics showed some positive sign other indicators (Williams, CMO, RSI) still bobbing about in oversold territory.

Uncle

Established member
671 2
Brokers Report

ABN Amro has BUY rating on Iceland following a meeting with the company.

Madog

37 0
Didn't put my money where my mouth was! Iceland up around 10% today. Then again if I had bought they probably would have dropped!

Regards

Madog

cookie

248 1
Sounds like my sort of luck lately Madog.

Originally made a 'Bag of Sand' on first day of profit warning. Bought 10k again at 160 and lost it. Got in again at 147 and was cursing my luck when it bombed to 135 and was just about to sell when hey presto 160 at close. Went to take profit and placed sell order at 16.29pm and had it rejected, it'll probably gap down to 150 at open.

PS Bought Riversoft at 142 on Tuesday following news of Cisco deal and it promptly dived to 130. It was a 50/50 choice between RSFT and TIG the Innovation Group and look how they flew.

Dont feel so bad mate we cant always get it right , mind you Autonomy at 1400 this morning was a bonus.

Yippee!!!!

Cookie

paulperryman

16 0
ICE

Now that this has broke thruogh the 5&10-day sma's, with the RSI rising, together with OBV rising and 14-day slow stochastics still showing over-sold, I will be a buyer tomorrow if still available at current price. Before the fall, there were some analyst targets of £4.00; £2.00 even after the news about the poor sales figures. Each time this breaks the 5&10-day ( not just the 5 ) you would have had a profitable trade last 6 months. Looking good IMHO. Paul.

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
well..

Well we all know what price ICE will be heading for once 165 resistance broken...180 already said...expect a couple of retracements before reaching there and making it the bottom of its trade range...

good luck to those already in...I've already made profit twice with this one..so trying others now..

rizgar

shelman

439 1
Anyone think there may be another opportunity next week.

Iceland is up 7.5p to 162.5p following renewed talk of takeover, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock