IB Price Alert System

Can't seem to get my chosen music to play.

Done what you said Frugi and browsed to get my music file but the default sound keeps playing even though I have removed the check mark for default sound.

Weird

Is it a .wav file Salty? TWS will struggle with an mp3 (I think)
And did you "Apply" before "Closing"?
And other patronising questions to which the answer is no doubt "Yes!"

Odd indeed.

The next step is to change the "order filled" sound, that can really brighten one's day if the voice is right :)

I think in all honesty some of these gadgets are best left alone, because when they misbehave they can be a real headache. I only use four butttons, buy, sell, transmit and cancel. I think deciding which of these to press is enough for anyone without adding further complications.

But Soc your mechanical breakout systems must require bracketed stop-limit orders occasionally. :LOL: Sorry!

The Sound Manager is usually very obedient; I am mystified by Salty's problem, unless he is trying to force an unwelcome media format on it, in which case he will have to alter the format to .wav.

No, I don't do it like that at all. I always buy or sell at limit, because I am only interested in entering on strength and exiting on weakness in a bear move, and the opposite in a bull move. It is a matter of judgement and timing and price selection. There is nothing mechanical about it. I do not use any system, instead I use my method. Part of it is to determine in advance how far the price is going to travel and to place an ambush to get filled when it crosses the tripwire. If I percieve the move is running out of steam for whatever reason, then I play it very safe and modify the ambush.