IB - Order Execution Time

sidinuk

Established member
624 5
Globex doesn't accept stop orders but it does accept stop-limit orders, so just enter a stop-limit with a wide limit offset to ensure that your stop rests at Globex and not at the brokers.

As for Ecbot all stops are simulated at the brokers, none are held at the exchange.

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
Thanks - I never realised it was the same with ecbot.

How long until the pits die in the US?
(or is that another thread?)

al-motor

249 0
Johnny,

Does that apply to dax as well- trying to use IB with just a mmkt order- seems like i have a slight slippage most times !??!

Al

alanb41252

264 0
CAT was the main one. It's been going like a steam train for a while now and I have been riding along with it. I believe it's targetted for US$ 90.

Also GM, BA and WMT.

Did ok on all of them but CAT has been great lately.

alanb41252

264 0
The thing about the NYSE blue chips is that they are more relaxing and gentle to trade than a lot of the Nasdaq stocks and this is why I like them. They are generally more predictable too and several of them do have good ATR's which present decent money-making opportunities on a daily basis.

That's what I find anyway.

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
BBB
thats interesting stuff - where does it come from please - I'd like to find out more

JonnyT

2,560 22
Hi BBB,

You are slightly wrong about Globex. Globex doesn't take market orders so your Broker converts the order to a Limit order not a Market order.

JonnyT

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
Jonny,

Am I? They say you shouldn't believe everything you read, and I read this (arf arf!)

Thats why a Stop orders full name is a Stop MARKET order. If the order was converted to a Limit, you may not get a fill if the market follows through. This means the exchange would not be able to charge fees, ie they miss out on business. It is in the exchanges interest to generate as much liquidity as possible.

I think - and I may be wrong, that ALL exchanges take market orders for this reason - to make it easier and more attractive venue for people to trade at.

Does anyone else know?

Rognvald - I posted a couple of websites a few posts up. Both sites produce monthly news letters which are quite interesting. You can also try searching exchange websites it those deep dank, dark corners where no-one else goes!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock