IB hypertrader and GlobelServer ts2000i

CETCET

Can someone point me in the right direction on how get data into ts2000i. I want to use 2000i to chart data from IB; specifically the S&P e-mini and the Russell2000 e-mini.

I am not sure how to set up Global Server.

Thanks in advance

You need to visit the following site www.hypertrader.it/hserverl.shtml

You will then need to register and when you log in you get the option to download hyperserver for IB. Once you have installed this software then you will need to open GlobalServer and go to "Tools" then "Run Setup Wizard" and progress until you get the option to select your data source as "Hyperserver Subserver"

You will then need to input the symbol in GlobalServer that you wish to use and ensure that you select Globex as an exchange which if not available you will need to create it. Now shut down GlobalServer

Start up IB and go to "Configure" and select "API" and ensure that the top three options are ticked.

Start up GlobalServer again and choose "Start Online Option"
Go to "Symbol Portfolio" tab and right click on the symbol and click "Connect Symbol"

Click on the "Performance" tab and you should see the quotes received section receiving data.

If not then the most likely reason is that you have set the symbol details incorrectly.

You should know that you cannot get historical data from IB so unless you have some other way of getting data into TS2000i then you wont have much in the way of past data.

Paul

How much better is this then just using TS8. I am considering switching and am wondering if using this interface with IB is worth the hassell.

Do you have any experience?

Thanks,

CET

I dont use TS8 so I am not able to comment. To add a new symbol with a specific exchange you go to "Insert" select "Symbol" then select "Add New"

For Source it should be Hyperserver
For category select "Future"
For Symbol you type in whatever symbol you wish to chart as listed by IB
For Exchange I suggest click on Autodetect

See if that works

Paul

Can I retreive yesterdays data using hyperserver and global server. Or can i only retrieve data for the time my computer is on- i.e. when it shuts off i will be missing data.

Thanks,

You cannot retrieve data if you are using IB as your data provider because they do not supply historical data. You will only be able to get at data that you have received in realtime which is stored by GlobalServer. This is why IB are very limited in this respect and you would need an historical data provider if you wish to do any form of historical analysis. TS8 may be different if it is an online system but I dont use it so I dont know.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the help. I got it working! It is too bad that hyperserver and globalserver can not retrieve historical data. But that is life.

Hyperserver is a live feed application but it is IB who are a brokerage first and not a real data provider that is the issue here. It is possible to get historical data using the Online Downloader from Hypertrader but then you would need an independant data provider and all of this can still be done very cost effectively.

Paul

globalserver not processing quotes it receives

Hyperserver seems to be working fine and is feeding data to globalserver in 2000i (I have 5 futures symbols setup). I can see globalserver receiving quotes in the performance tab, but "quotes processed" remains at 0. I have .333 hs & the latest tws 843.7 w/ api 8.3. As an FYI, I was also receiving data just fine and no quotes processed also when using tws build 831.9 w/ api7.3. Is there a problem with timestamps possibly? I've read for hours and it seems globalserver isnt' supposed to process quotes until it receives a timestamp from hs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrated at this point to be so close to getting it working.