IB Frontends

Chuck_T

193 0
eSignal On Demand

eSignal On Demand has an integrated trading interface to Interactive Brokers with a new DOM display. Includes charting software and data for back testing.

eSignal OnDemand

Chuck
@eSignal

bernoneill

5 0
esignal on demand with IB

eSignal On Demand has an integrated trading interface to Interactive Brokers with a new DOM display. Includes charting software and data for back testing.

eSignal OnDemand

Chuck
@eSignal

Hi Chuck,
The esignal onDemand page indicates that it is End-of-day (I assume that means 5pm EST since forex is 24hrs?).
How does that work for forex? Does it work 24 hours for forex, but data is just delayed a few minutes?
At $25/mo, if it truly is a very good forex analysis tool, that sounds reasonable.
Thanks for any info you can provide. Sorry, this might be a stupid question, just learning forex.
I am looking for a good IB front-end for technical analysis.
Thanks,
Bernie

Chuck_T

193 0
eSignal On Demand

bernoneill,

Yes, eSignal On Demand has Forex 24 hour data, both EOD and Intraday, delayed by 15 minutes. It also has integrated trading directly with IB.

eSignal OnDemand

Chuck

dennho

7 0
I've been trying to search the forums on how to implement a bracket order in TWS book trader, however it just seems difficult to get this working, too many settings. Why doesn't IB just "get it" and actually implement a bracket order function in book trader? Is it that hard? Or are they just stupid?

nine

2,038 507
Its not hard to do a bracket order with TWS.

So if you want to ask if someone is just stupid. Well, you should get the point by now.

dennho

7 0
You know what I'm sorry for what I said. I've used ninja trader w/ SuperDOM, bracket trader, and even infinity futures trading platform, they do one thing best, easy to setup bracket orders. In IB TWS, you have to first, enable the feature, then setup more options that just make it more trouble than what its worth.

This is slightly more frustrating since this is the software the broker gives you... and its crap!

I went to the help section on IB's website but it doesn't seem clear to me. I just wanted to know how to get it up and running in simpler terms. Ninja trader superdom trader does it best, however I would hate to pay for software just to get bracket orders working, since this is the feature I need the most. A target, a stop, how many ticks you want for each one, and that is it. TWS bracket order setup asks you a %, or "amount"... what? I only use ticks to setup bracket orders.

Again I was just frustrated about IB's platform and how silly they are to not implement a bracket order system as a default in the book trader.

Last edited:

dennho

7 0
also, IB's feed is slow, and isn't geared towards futures trading. Infinity futures does it SOOOO much better, just create an account and transfer your funds over to them. You'll have a much better experience.

nine

2,038 507
But, for the original poster.

I found ZeroLineTrader to be reliable performing pretty much the actions you describe.

I now use Sierra Chart for manual and automatic entry and could do everything you describe if it was part of my strategy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock