IB Frontends

Trader333

8,655 981
I have done comparisons across a number of data providers on volume including IB. Without any doubt the volume information from IB has been out by as much as 20 times actual traded volume on both US stocks and futures. It is not always like this but there are times when it is. Price has always been accurate though.

Paul

jonnyy40

Experienced member
1,329 11
Have saved and opened (and opened directly) brackettrader several times.get 'error reading setup initialization file' I have tsim already installed.I downloaded the latest api from the b.trader link.What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

fillyerboots

94 0
Sidinuk,

You can alter your stop trigger method with IB on Globex. The default is Last i.e. last price, but you can change this to double last, set it to wait until your price is breached.

Doesn't work on stop limit orders though as these are native to the exchange.

Go to "Configure", "Order", "Stop Trigger Method".

There is a choice to " Trigger Outside Regular Trading Hours", be sure to tick this box if you want your stops to be activated between the hours of 9.00pm and 2.30pm UK time.

sidinuk

Established member
624 5
Thanks fillyerboots for that. I did know that you could do that with simulated stops on IB. To be fair you might as well use that as I don't know how reliable the more sophisticated simulated stops on NinjaTrader would be given the fact that the bid/ask sizes aren't real time.

jonnyy40

Experienced member
1,329 11
Tell me how to fix this bracket-trader problem and I may PM you with some trades.

rossored

2,103 56
Possible problem may lay with the API Jonny : I had a similar problem recently.

Solution was to uninstall the API (which also removes TWS), manualy remove the C:/JTS folder on the drive, then re-install TWS and the version of the API that you want to use.

Bit long winded and a pain in the butt, but it worked for me.

RR

jonnyy40

Experienced member
1,329 11
When in simulation mode,Bracket-Trader seems to replicate the fill delays one experiences pretty well (i.e. Dax).I haven't seen the setting that allows one to change the 'time delay of simulated fills' so is b.trader doing something clever with the IB feed or has the developer just averaged out the time delay of 10 dax fills!(The 'fill time' does seem to vary).

shadowpug

77 6
The problem that Sidinuk reported when NinjaTrader lost connection to a position was due to a limitation with the TWS API 7.2. Depending on your internet connection, it is very possible that TWS drops a connection and relogs on. If you do not have the 'Show Tips At Start Up' box enabled, you will have likely not even known that this temporary log off/on had occured. WHen this happened, TWS loses the ID reference that the front end application used to control orders....hence the dropping of a position.

NinjaTrader V3 was released over this weekend and it uses the 7.3 API that has remedied this TWS limitation.

You can check out V3 at www.ninjatrader.com

JonnyT

2,560 22
The 7.3 API has not remedied that problem.

There is simply a work around by calling a routine every so often...

JonnyT

shadowpug

77 6
Has not fixed it??? I guess I must not know anything being the developer and all...

JonnyT

2,560 22
I guess not, I'm a developer to.

I'm developing using API 7.3 with Java.

When a connection to IB Servers is broken for a short while TWS automatically logs back in without notifing the API Client. I have still found that unless you call reqOpenOrders and reqExecutions your application doesn't receive any notifications from TWS for any orders in place such as an execution of a Stop Limit order. I call both these functions every minute from inside my apps.

Are you saying this is not the case?

Thanks

JonnyT

shadowpug

77 6
I can't say that 100% that this is not the case. I have been incorrect before with the TWS API behaviour.

What I was was suggesting is that with 7.3, when TWS drops connectivity, once re-connected the API client now has the ability to control any open orders associated with ones positions. In 7.2 API, this was not the case.

On your issue, not receiving events on open orders, I can't say that this has been addressed or not. What I can say is I have never ever experienced this problem you mention which is why I dont have a reference to this. There are hundreds of NT users and not one has ever reported a problem that would be caused by what you described.

Maybe this is behavioural difference in the different development environments? I will let you know if I experience anything like what you have described.

Hittfeld

437 12
Hi all.
I wonder, if anybody knows which from the FREE bunch (at least 3 underlyings) of those once popular IB frontends are still available and working? Including Idealpro?

Thanks for your help

Hittfeld

Hittfeld

437 12
Hi all,

Nobody using free IB frontends anymore? Or maybe nobody using IB at all, or even nobody trading anymore? Just teasing.

I`m desperately looking for free frontend to maximise my usage of tws (incl.IdealPro and 3+ underlyings). Any hints, any help?

Thanks

Hittfeld

nine

2,038 507
Free: bracket trader
Good: SierraChart (chart trading), ZeroLineTrader, NinjaTrader.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock