IB and NASDAQ

archimg

On the page of InteractiveBrokers (IB) there is an indication that nasdaq is traded from 9:30 to 17:30.
Do allows trading on NASDAQ before opening (pre-market) and why to 17:30 and not 18:30?

(I hope that the page is not updated and one is allowed to trade during pre- and post-market hours.)

If I want close my account on IB (withdraw all money and change the company) do I need to pay commissions?
(I seems not, but I'm asking to be more sure.)

archimg said:
On the page of InteractiveBrokers (IB) there is an indication that nasdaq is traded from 9:30 to 17:30.
Do allows trading on NASDAQ before opening (pre-market) and why to 17:30 and not 18:30?

(I hope that the page is not updated and one is allowed to trade during pre- and post-market hours.)

If I want close my account on IB (withdraw all money and change the company) do I need to pay commissions?
(I seems not, but I'm asking to be more sure.)

You are quoting the hours of Nasdaq which are correct. However, Nasdaq stocks are listed on other market centers, such as Archipelago and Inet (Island/Instinet). Thus, if you route orders using SMART then you can trade from 07:00-20:00

(No charges for closing an account)
regards
Steve, IB

Yes, I have already found the answers. Anyway, thanks.

Closing An Account

To close your account please complete the following steps.
Step 1. Liquidate or transfer all positions. Accounts with positions cannot be closed.

Step 2. Transfer all funds into the base currency. Closing account withdrawals may only be made in the base currency.

Step 3. Check your mailing address (check) or banking instructions (wire) under Account Management. If your base currency is USD, we will issue a check. Otherwise closing account withdrawals will be wired.

Step 4. Go to Close Account and request that your account be closed. If all funds are in the base currency, then a close account withdrawal will automatically be sent. IRA accounts will need to complete a Withdrawal Instructions form under Account Management and specify the type of withdrawal for government reporting purposes. Customers in the Secure Card program will also need to complete a Withdrawal Instructions form using their identity token.

Step 5. Print out all statements and tax forms. Your access to Account Management will only be available for a limited time after your account is closed.

Note: Your account will be held open for 3 months after you receive your closing withdrawal to collect any possible future dividends, interest, or corporate actions. After that time your account will be closed permanently. Please check back to see if any balance has been created on future statements.