i want to trade commodities online..help please

aznar

hello everybody

i'm interested in trading online,i did trade forex but i think it's so risky and volatile market,so i plan to try commodities..i think it may be safer than forex

if anybody guides me to websites where i can trade commodities online and some forums offer learning methods,systems of trading commodities,i'll be so thankful

thanks in advance

i'm interested in trading online,i did trade forex but i think it's so risky and volatile market,so i plan to try commodities..i think it may be safer than forex

You have got to be kidding. FX, interest rates and indices are the most liquid markets so also the safest place to trade. Commodities are certainly more risky, many suffer from lack of liqudity and due to the session nature of many markets can be subject to large close-open gaps. I am sorry that I cannot help with the sites you are looking for.
Try www.dailyfutures.com you may find some links from there.

twalker said:
You have got to be kidding. FX, interest rates and indices are the most liquid markets so also the safest place to trade. .
thank you twalker ,actually i was looking for some kind of online trading less risky and ofcourse expected to be less prophitable...??do you recommend something ??

kind regards

I would say your safest bet is to reduce your risk but stay with the liquidity. There are ways to trade commodities but through spreadbetters the spreads will kill you and in the real market you will generally have to risk more than you would for finanicals due to contract size. A lot of the commodities can be traded technically but to be consistently successful it is a big help if you have some way to find out the real fundamentals behind price action. I have been in commodity markes for many years and I have many good contacts that provide good information flow. Real issues currently is that there is a lot of index fund money moving markets counter to their fundamentals, grains is a classic example of this. If you are not well informed of these sorts of things you really are asking for trouble which is why I suggest you stick to the liquid markets and just reduce your size until you find your edge. On a descretionary basis I trade a lot of commodity spreads now as flat price has become increasingly tricky. If you have to go to commodities then I suggest you look at energies. These do move about a lot but they have enough liquidity to be able to get in and out without too much slip. Just be careful out there.

Corn, Wheat and Sugar (NY and London), Coffee (London only) seems to have good liquidity, also bean meal and bean oil. I've never experienced any problems getting fills/stops at the right prices in these. Things like Coffee (NY not London) can be a bit hairy, so too OJ, Lumber, Cotton and Rough Rice.

minx said:
Corn, Wheat and Sugar (NY and London), Coffee (London only) seems to have good liquidity, also bean meal and bean oil. I've never experienced any problems getting fills/stops at the right prices in these. Things like Coffee (NY not London) can be a bit hairy, so too OJ, Lumber, Cotton and Rough Rice.

thank you minx for your post