I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was

Let me add if I may.....

If you do feel afraid that is also fine, just be aware you are afraid and try not to push it away, more space your give to your negative emotions more they subdue, be aware though they will subdue only as a by product, if you try to subdue them by controlling it will not work.

Here your mind will also push and pull you in all corners trying to make difficult for you but as with emotions just be aware of your incessant thinking and do not get attached to it, you are not your thinking.....Meditation will help differentiate from it.....

The secret in trading is to find a style which relates to your personalty, but to find your style you need to be centered, once you are centered you will find your way. Following your plan and taking notes will also help in being centered, it does not matter if you lose or win, forget about the money, trade small, not demo, you need to follow your plan until you change it and because you are centered it will come to you when you have to change it, you will only change it to gain a better edge.... going back on your charts to spot where you could gain a better one will be a pleasure.

It does not matter what style you use, it can be techy, fundy, sh@tty or a combination of many.... do not get trapped in notions, do not listen to others but yourself...

The worst thing can happen to you is not to follow your plan and get awarded.......Mark Douglas will explain to you this issue better then myself...

I have attached an excel file for you to give you an idea but you can change how best it fits you....I have used Tar name in this example just for a bit of fun, I am sure he will laugh as well......And keep your sense of humor. With time, work and passion you will get there.

Once the proper behaviors is part of yourself probably you won't need the excel file anyone, but you always can go back to it when you need.

Said all that, this is how I see it and could very well not make sense you or anybody else.

Many paths can lead to understanding and wisdom.

Each of us has to chart our own course, and it has to fit what we are ready for.

Good luck. Fug

'you are not your thinking' indeed. Over time my brain will learn to embrace the message the chart is providing me. As I write this I am conducting a more thorough trading plan, or indeed a thought-process plan should I say. I am narrowing down my analysis to a logical process to remove room for error (as quoted from Francis Hunt who also gives fantastic advice on his youtube interviews) and to reduce psychological error. I might upload a copy of these notes I am writing.

I like that excel table, I had already constructed a basic one but I like the behavioural review columns and will certainly implement them.

thanks for your great advice. it is a refreshing change to the sarcasm often available on this forum.

I've also began studying the volume indicator on the 1hr chart. I've noticed that harsh spikes in volume combined with surges in price that are in congruence with the higher time frames can result in extensive trends in that direction. It can be supporting evidence that big players using higher time frames are swooping in to get their orders filled at a good price.

I know general trading wisdom states to not overcomplicate your trading but I am liking the weight volume can add to technical setups.

nothing in these markets. AUDUSD, EURUSD, Oil all glued in between bulls and bears. seeing plenty of people arguing over twitter regarding bias, when it's 50/50 like it is now it's not worth trading in my opinion.

GBP/JPY still grinding higher but expecting profit taking to start bending price a little, not worth trading as well.

studying the historical price charts is taking my technical analysis to the next level. I am actually shocked how most of these traders on the internet I see never even mention them.

if you want to find the trend of an instrument the historical chart will give you THE trend, not just a trend on one time frame but the actual trend that you can't argue against.

Hey there .....some deep and insightful thinking here

Thanks for sharing the journey .......nice to see such open and honest thinking

You are on the right path here......brutal honesty in exploration is the only way to find ones own trading karma

Never stop learning and being inquisitive about trading .....we are all eternal students

N

Hey there .....some deep and insightful thinking here

Thanks for sharing the journey .......nice to see such open and honest thinking

You are on the right path here......brutal honesty in exploration is the only way to find ones own trading karma

Never stop learning and being inquisitive about trading .....we are all eternal students

N

thanks mate appreciate the enthusiasm.

what's your trading style? any revelations over the years?

short GBPJPY 2/1/17 0810 GMT

took this quick short on monday morning, price was bending to the downside on the daily chart, and I was confident pokes above 144.70 would be attacked by sellers. waited for a bearish sign on the 5min chart, which was a nice long-tailed pin bar.

shorted with a stop loss above the high of the pin tail (Risk £25) and closed at 144.277 for a result of +£25. The reason I closed hear was because price was starting to slow down, and upon looking again at the daily chart, I wasn't confident that price could go much lower since the bullish day on 30/12 rejected quite a lot of prices.

It wasn't that bad of a trade. I am aware of the impact bias has on performance, and I am always critical of my analysis from every angle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.31.30.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.31.30.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.33.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.33.03.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.33.41.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.33.41.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 210
(I know I haven't posted a trade in a while before this one. It's because I hadn't taken any since the trade before. I have been thoroughly backtesting and improving my strategies).

ill check the full thread-dont chase the money you have lost(2k)-im pleased you are trading smallish-keep it up-

ill check the full thread-dont chase the money you have lost(2k)-im pleased you are trading smallish-keep it up-

alright mate. no I have spent enough money chasing back the 2 grand, I have accepted it as tuition, probably the best 2 grand I have ever spent in my life.

cool picture by the way:sneaky:

alright mate. no I have spent enough money chasing back the 2 grand, I have accepted it as tuition, probably the best 2 grand I have ever spent in my life.

cool picture by the way:sneaky:
im on my 3rd viewing of game of thrones

holding Oil short

short trade is going decent.

Got in the trade due to price popping above 53.02 before slamming down and closing below both 52.85 and the 12EMA on the 5min chart. Trading in line with the recent bearish momentum displayed by yesterdays strong selloff candle and general exhaustion on the higher time frames.

will be holding trade open for now as price could keep crashing lower, however will exercise caution as buyers might be attracted by the low prices. a strong reversal sign will get me out of the trade.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 15.28.39.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 15.28.39.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 15.29.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 15.29.50.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 167
closed Oil trade

closed the trade as was showing signs of over-extension (harsh drop, also 5 min candle was long and red however had a wick to it therefore sign of slowing down). Glad I held on though as it gave me another R compared to my previous post, not too bothered if it keeps crashing as a harsh pullback soon is very likely.

RISK: £30

RESULT: £70

happy with this trade. tested my nerve holding through the chop between the purple lines however the persistence paid off. This one trade also earned me a week's worth of pips in my prop-firm trial.

gonna wait on the sidelines, might even take a buy if an obvious price action signal forms.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 16.03.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 16.03.13.png
    28 KB · Views: 230
long Oil + short AUDUSD

was considering going to bed however opportunity has arisen.

OIL: Risk £25

still fairly bearish on daily time frame however I was cautious of retracements. Oil has gapped up and has traded and closed above 51.50 offering a decent buy signal. Is also trading above 51.60 and the 12EMA on the 5min chart.

AUDUSD: Risk £25

I am more bearish than bullish on this pair as it appears to be gradually rotating on the downside on the higher time frames. On the 5min chart price poked above 0.73700 before rejecting this price and rotating to downside and beginning to trade below 12EMA

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 23.56.57.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 23.56.57.png
    25 KB · Views: 198
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 23.57.28.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 23.57.28.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 231